• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s with sellers won’t ship

Why do people think you have to go to the post office or UPS/FEDEX store to ship? They will come pick it up from your doorstep for you.

Reactions: GFB
For me it is the fear of the unknown, and I am willing to wait until someone near me wants it. If I got into the habit of shipping I am sure I would feel differently about it.

I tried to buy knife from a member long ago. Too far from me, and it was not that big of deal to ship it to me. After my PM, he replied, "I can't ship it because I will lose money." -- I said, "But I will pay the shipping costs." Then he replied, "I have to drive to the postal office, lose time to go over there, burn some gas on my car, and I will make only $4 bucks out of the deal." :doh::doh::doh: - I didn't reply anymore.

So, seems that a lot of folks are making a living out of ODT sales then!
I've had several people give me the old "whatever" about how hard it is to ship, and I point out that you can ship USPS, print everything on line, pay everything on line, - and they tell me "it's just too much trouble to fill out the label". Of course most of them won't drive out of the driveway either.

I think some people don't ever ship anything and they might not realize how easy it can be, especially for non-hazmat and non-FFL items. They just assume it's going to be a huge hassle when that might not be the case at all.

I was selling a rifle on another forum and provided pics of the huge scratch on the receiver, described it in detail, adjusted the price accounting for the scratch and pointed it out to the guy when he showed some interest in the rifle. He was in another state and wanted me to ship the rifle to him. I was hesitant but he went to the trouble to send me a box and gun case to ship it in , so what the heck. When he received it he got on the forum and complained that I was not to be trusted because the rifle I sold him had a huge scratch on the receiver. That's why I don't ship guns.

i ship on ups ground if they are willing to send me a money order OR crypto like Bitcoin or Litecoin. You can get cryptos through cash app now so it's not a problem. Also shipping isn't that expensive like for example 5x 20 round boxes of hunting ammo like 30-06, 270, etc. would be $16.95 to ship from Athens, GA to Las Vegas, NV if shipped through UPS ground. And I would only ship if the buyer is willing to pay for it. Otherwise I take the small 3% fee from Gunbroker and deal with it from there.

Back
Top Bottom