• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s with sellers won’t ship

they'll pick it up at your front door. Don't even have to get dressed.

I get people would just rather meet in person, don't get the over dramatization of shipping :lol:
Same... I've absolutely shipped stuff. If I trust the buyer, I don't hesitate. It's not a big deal... just not the way I like to do it.

At the risk of starting another "Boomer bashing thread", us old people can't figure out Zelle....

sometimes you meet cool people in a FTF sometimes not. Shipping has its moments. Check cash or MO up front. no Zelle. Seems strange ya'll talk so much about letting info out and here you are putting it all out there in a money transaction over the inter web.

I'm easy to deal with cash only ftf if someone doesn't like it they don't have to buy it, I would much rather the person I sell to have the chance to see the item in person and be happy then to sell it, ship it, and the item gets lost or damaged and have to go through all the bs to make it right. Yeah I'm old school proud, I also don't have any money apps because it's no business of the government what I do personally, the less big brother knows the better.

Always love when they say shipping is too much of a hassle but suggest meeting at a place that is more than a hour from both of you :lol:

I've shipped to people that were 20 minutes away, because it's still easier to hand a box to the delivery driver in my underwear than to spend 40 minutes driving.
It's nice that you know the delivery driver so well, but what's he doing in your underwear?

I don't get it! You can pop by your local print shop that has mail pick up and do it in less than 5 minutes. My guess is they don't trust anyone regardless of Trader Rating. If they want to sell it bad enough and the buyer is willing to pay shipping and insurance for the part what's the hassle. It easier than driving and just about the same cost unless you have an electric car.

I shipped a couple guns to a fellow(in state)...he provided his FFL....I would NEVER ship a gun to someone that I have not seen a carry permit....before anyone says anything...it's my choice....
I have shipped guns VIA FFL many times. I usually offer to pay partial transfer cost. There is a easy and fool proof way of doing anything when shipping.

I've met some good people, enjoyed some good food and seen a bunch of sights by driving to pick stuff up. Shipping ammo legally sucks when you live 65 miles away from UPS. And then when you get there it's in the ghetto run by ghetto rats that don't want to work and have an attitude. I'll never do that again.

Back
Top Bottom