• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s with sellers won’t ship

Depends on what you are selling/buying. Firearms shipping can be a challenge, but other stuff is pretty simple. Just tell folks up front that the item won't ship until the check/MO/PayPal has cleared.

Never had a problem with this, but I would probably only ship a firearm to an FFL. Person to person, unless I knew them well, would be a no-go.

I've yet to own a gun I wanted to sell so badly that I offered shipping. Other things I've shipped when the buyer asked. It's easier to break the news to the buyer that they'll need to cover the shipping if they have to ask me if I'll ship it. If my listing says "Willing to Ship", the buyer will certainly try to get that part free.

Always love when they say shipping is too much of a hassle but suggest meeting at a place that is more than a hour from both of you :lol:

I've shipped to people that were 20 minutes away, because it's still easier to hand a box to the delivery driver in my underwear than to spend 40 minutes driving.

With the Post Office near me and the bank I use, I'd spend more time in the P.O. shipping line and in the bank line to cash the check or money order than I would to drive the 40 minutes to meet another really cool ODT'r in a F2F meeting. I've met some of the coolest people around selling stuff on here. I'd rather drive than wait in line and I'd rather be responsible for an item that I handled last rather than an item that our fine postal employees handled last.

I ship hundreds of things a year, knives, refrigeration parts and collectables. I used to ship ammo when I was close to a UPS distribution center. Now I'm 40 miles from the closest one, USPS is out of the question. If you get caught shipping ammo USPS you are looking at a huge fine and a felony charge. I seen where a lot of people do send ammo USPS, they are taking a big chance.

With the Post Office near me and the bank I use, I'd spend more time in the P.O. shipping line and in the bank line to cash the check or money order than I would to drive the 40 minutes to meet another really cool ODT'r in a F2F meeting. I've met some of the coolest people around selling stuff on here. I'd rather drive than wait in line and I'd rather be responsible for an item that I handled last rather than an item that our fine postal employees handled last.
they'll pick it up at your front door. Don't even have to get dressed.

I get people would just rather meet in person, don't get the over dramatization of shipping :lol:

Back
Top Bottom