• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling a gun collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have to factor in fees in any sale,

I don't know what GB charges, but it is something.

Most auctioneers charge a 25-30% commission.

Private sales here or on a similar forum will net the highest prices net to you.

When you list them be honest about condition and realize some may have lost money. The market is strong on some but weak on others. The AR market is in the tank as is the market for .40

As some have stated it really depends on how fast you want to sell them and how much effort you want to put into it. I recently helped out a guy that was liquidating a deceased family member's collection. I gave him 70% of what I thought it was worth. I told the guy exactly what I was doing and if he wanted to take more time that he'd get more. However, 70% is still WAY more than a gun store would have given him and between 3 or 4 of us we liquidated his uncle's whole collection in about 3 days.
His uncle's collection was pretty broad and those of us that bought it got some really nice pieces for our own collections.

With all that being said... you have a manageable collection to get rid of and unless there is some need to sell quickly I'd suggest posting them individually here on the OTD. As you can see from previous posts, there is some interest in your items and would move pretty quickly if priced right.

GLWS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom