• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, how do the majority of gun owners afford to shoot often? I’m not referring to those who reload.

With a promotion at work this spring, I haven't been able to take time to shoot as much as I'd like to, but I do make sure to draw/dry fire practice, and try to stop by the range once a week for around 50- 75 rds of live fire with my carry pistols. (Whether that's enough or not, it's what I can do, and at least it's regular practice) Shooting at a public range is always an adventure and a gamble.......so I try to go on Monday or Tuesday when they're slow. Last week when I went on Tuesday, I was the only one on the range. This week, I stopped on Friday afternoon at the range in McDonough (its the only one on my way home) and I'm there, shooting my pocket carry G42 at 20yd (keeping all my rounds in a 6" circle.....yay) and in the lane next to me was a guy and girl, paying alot more attention to their live streaming phone than to range etiquette and safety. The phone/camera angle got regularly adjusted for peak performance, but it seemed nothing else was being evaluated for any kind of performance, accuracy, or safety.....they were shooting a 5.56 of unknown brand, with what looked to be a 5½" or 7½" (at most) barrel, a wish laser, an nc star red dot sight, and some stupid looking brake that would be more at home on a tank.....................at 5-7yds......
and STILL MISSING their zombie bad guy target the majority of the time!

Public Service Announcement:
If you're going to the indoor range with an obnoxious AR pistol/muzzle brake for your streaming fans....at least learn a little about range etiquette, a smidgen of safety, AND BE ABLE TO HIT SOMETHING AT 5YD.......

I'm absolutely all for any citizen owning any firearm capable of any fire rate in any caliber..........but dang, those folks who just burn powder for the sake of their video and have no concern for etiquette/ safety.....really ruin others range sessions.
Ok, self-acknowledeged whiney fudd rant over. I just hate being limited on my shooting time, and then cutting it even shorter because careless people don't have a clue.

With a promotion at work this spring, I haven't been able to take time to shoot as much as I'd like to, but I do make sure to draw/dry fire practice, and try to stop by the range once a week for around 50- 75 rds of live fire with my carry pistols. (Whether that's enough or not, it's what I can do, and at least it's regular practice) Shooting at a public range is always an adventure and a gamble.......so I try to go on Monday or Tuesday when they're slow. Last week when I went on Tuesday, I was the only one on the range. This week, I stopped on Friday afternoon at the range in McDonough (its the only one on my way home) and I'm there, shooting my pocket carry G42 at 20yd (keeping all my rounds in a 6" circle.....yay) and in the lane next to me was a guy and girl, paying alot more attention to their live streaming phone than to range etiquette and safety. The phone/camera angle got regularly adjusted for peak performance, but it seemed nothing else was being evaluated for any kind of performance, accuracy, or safety.....they were shooting a 5.56 of unknown brand, with what looked to be a 5½" or 7½" (at most) barrel, a wish laser, an nc star red dot sight, and some stupid looking brake that would be more at home on a tank.....................at 5-7yds......
and STILL MISSING their zombie bad guy target the majority of the time!

Public Service Announcement:
If you're going to the indoor range with an obnoxious AR pistol/muzzle brake for your streaming fans....at least learn a little about range etiquette, a smidgen of safety, AND BE ABLE TO HIT SOMETHING AT 5YD.......

I'm absolutely all for any citizen owning any firearm capable of any fire rate in any caliber..........but dang, those folks who just burn powder for the sake of their video and have no concern for etiquette/ safety.....really ruin others range sessions.
Ok, self-acknowledeged whiney fudd rant over. I just hate being limited on my shooting time, and then cutting it even shorter because careless people don't have a clue.
Phones are against the rules at the range I frequent. RSO oughta take care of BS like that.

Phones are against the rules at the range I frequent. RSO oughta take care of BS like that.
The one in McDonough rarely has a RSO on the range that I've ever noticed. (I suppose it's possible that I could have missed him, but wouldn't bet on it)
Hence my efforts to go when they're empty, and my packing up when the Instagram crowd can't bother to bring common sense with their camera/phone.

I was at Advance Bullets in Temple, Ga Wednesday and from 12:40 to 3pm I was the only one there.
Cleaning out my closet for Goodwill donations found a box of 6.5CM (500 rds ) I purchased Oct last year.

Once you've had Canon fire....you can never go back
This is very true even if it’s just a little cannon on a walking stick ….. :thumb:

IMG_6113.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom