• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So how many folks got a call from the Postal Inspector lately?

:lol: Captain BOS blocked me when I made too much sense
dwight-schrute.gif

It is not your job to determine "criminal intent" nor is it your job to scan through the expanse of past post ads for a given account to determine anything beyond if the buyer is a legal purchaser in Georgia for the type of gun you're selling.

People here joke all the time derisively about Bills of Sale - they guffaw about it all the time and make nasty jokes, but this is one of the times when a number of those hundred-plus 'sellers' would love to have a Bill of Sale sitting in their records. Keep your BOS jokes up and there'll be a few less ears listening once this story gets to full bore..
Three things:

“Due Deligence”
“Knew or should have known”
“Willful negligence”

All very important parts of case law that can be used against you.

I got their official 'request for information' via email.

I looked up the office it mentions on the USPS web site and called the main number. When I asked for the agent by name I was routed to the same guy I who called me, so it's legit.

It sounds like they have all his ODT PMs and such, which is how I came up. We only used PMs but we did swap cell numbers for the meetup, and that was the number he called me on.

So what if you sold him the gun but didn’t have or know or remember the serial number?

Back
Top Bottom