• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So we've all seen what goes on on most gun forums....

TacticalTaco

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
88   1
Reaction score
A LOT of talk about some " SHTF " scenario. Well I'd like to see what everyone has in mind if indeed something like greece x10 happens to us.

Could be:

Economic meltdown
Food riots
Water riots (god forbid)
Zombies
Many other scenarios

What would you do? Where would you go?

For one I'd stay right where I'm at. I got good neighbors, I know we'd all meet at the neighborhood pool and discuss something or other ( although a fight for supremacy would ensue on whose the boss). Got a 60 acre body of freshwater in the back yard, fed by natural gysers so no worries about a drought from creeks.

I'd hit the wal mart up the street REALLY FAST, wouldn't even pay, call me a thief, wal mart would give a **** in that kind of scenario. Wouldn't drive either, put anything we could into back packs, alice packs, and suit cases, even if we only get thumb tacks and rope.

Not sure who we'd be fighting, and I don't mean to sound like a racist, but a race war would probably ensue knowing Atlanta.
Yea........ I'm bored. Let's see some ideas.

Call my buddies at Ashland Aqualon and have them build me a small ethylene glycol pow pow and take over Dalton one store at a time. I'd then setup a supply operation with armed guards and then go to Tastee Freeze for a large Strawberry Shake.

I had this same conversation the other day in depth with a co worker...we went the "zombie route". We both determined we needed to get to as remote of an area as possible since we both live ITP in townhome communities. I decided long ago that my home would be too difficult to fortify and my neighbors are worthless. With this in mind it would be a quick "grab our sh*t and get the hell out" scenario. Mostly him and I discussed things that would be essential in a bail out bag. I have started one but am not sure how serious it needs to be. So assuming I'd hit the mountains and try and fortify in some unknown persons vacation home I'd need some camping survival gear and initial food/water rations. So far I had a good med kit, bag full of extra mags, ammo, cleaner, flashlight, knife, and a wilderness tool kit from these guys http://www.ultimatesurvival.com/hunting-sporting/DeluxeSurvivalKit.php ..I have quite a big of bottled water in my garage that would go in my trunk..but havent decided on good food to keep on hand. I'd like to hear some other reccomendations on people's essentials gear as well.....

My thinking for the mountains is it would be good visibility and fewer people around to get infected...high vantage point, and good food and water sources via wildlife and running mountain streams.

I had this same conversation the other day in depth with a co worker...we went the "zombie route". We both determined we needed to get to as remote of an area as possible since we both live ITP in townhome communities. I decided long ago that my home would be too difficult to fortify and my neighbors are worthless. With this in mind it would be a quick "grab our sh*t and get the hell out" scenario. Mostly him and I discussed things that would be essential in a bail out bag. I have started one but am not sure how serious it needs to be. So assuming I'd hit the mountains and try and fortify in some unknown persons vacation home I'd need some camping survival gear and initial food/water rations. So far I had a good med kit, bag full of extra mags, ammo, cleaner, flashlight, knife, and a wilderness tool kit from these guys http://www.ultimatesurvival.com/hunting-sporting/DeluxeSurvivalKit.php ..I have quite a big of bottled water in my garage that would go in my trunk..but havent decided on good food to keep on hand. I'd like to hear some other reccomendations on people's essentials gear as well.....

My thinking for the mountains is it would be good visibility and fewer people around to get infected...high vantage point, and good food and water sources via wildlife and running mountain streams.

Buckhead....yea....yuppies wouldn't be much help lol.

I think I would head up to Wyoming and set up there, Alot of game to hunt and plenty of rivers and stream to fish out of. Set up a place way out in the middle of nowhere and live off the land and only hit a town when I need something I can not get from the land.

Back
Top Bottom