• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what was your first ride?

69 Camaro needing full restoration, drove it home and sold the engine out of it to pay for the bodywork that never happened. First car I actually got to drive was a 79 Camaro, 305 2bbl. Kinda miss that car.

I think I've had 30 something cars now but the first 15 or so I'd kill to have back...all 1st and 2nd gen F bodies, including three 4 speed cars...a 70 1/2 RS someone swapped a 396 into, 1980 Camaro with T-Tops and a 79 Formula Firebird with T-Tops...GM T-Tops are awesome...

I guess I am the old guy in here my first car I bought when I was 15 years old what is a 1938 Ford my dad came home and seen it in the driveway and asked who’s car is that and I told him it was mine. We didn’t have good cameras for picture taken back than so I don’t have any pictures of it

Oh look, I found the picture of the day I got it.

View attachment 4942840

You want to talk about slow? I've never seen so many middle fingers as I did driving in this thing. Small non-turbo diesel.

Now that I'm older, I actually kinda miss it. A lot of...ahem...high school memories were made in that car.
Not my first car, but I had an ‘82 380SL and it was painfully slow. I had to use a calendar to check my 0-60 times. Looked damn good though. My wife hated it and said I needed to wear an ascot and smoke a pipe when I drove it.

69BBC882-2496-45C1-8441-35999EC94027.jpeg

I had an ‘82 380SL and it was painfully slow. I had to use a calendar to check my 0-60 times. Looked damn good though. My wife hated it and said I needed to wear an ascot and smoke a pipe when I drove it.

View attachment 4943003
Dang, you didn’t get your first car ‘til you were married?
You had some super strict parents.
Super cool first, though.

Not my first car, but I had an ‘82 380SL and it was painfully slow. I had to use a calendar to check my 0-60 times. Looked damn good though. My wife hated it and said I needed to wear an ascot and smoke a pipe when I drove it.

View attachment 4943003
We offset my slow car with my buddy's convertible Impala. Cruisin' state st. in Utah in that thing paid off well.

Back
Top Bottom