• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Solvent trap for suppressor

11D596EA-B422-4E46-A89D-E1774343A167.jpeg

Unless you build solvent trap Q's
info has been out on that forever ya'll act like its something new. if you chose to build one you should have the sense to keep your mouth shut about it. Merry Christmas enjoy the stupidity

Ok so I just ordered a savage Fv-SR and was talking to my cousin(yep everyone has that cousin) but this is a corporate professional. Lol. Anyways he took a “solvent can kit” and make a suppressor for his .22lr on a CZ 455 and says its as good as his high dollar ones on his other rifles. Anyone every used one before? He said he would put it together for him if i want.
TBH, it doesn’t take much to suppress 22lr with a 16”+barrel, a 20oz bottle is pretty effective.

No longer true.
The ATF, as of earlier this year, began denying form 1 solvent trap based submissions. From what I understand, If you submit a form one now, they require you lathe your own suppressor parts and virtually create it from scratch. They ask for pictures of your setup and all.

Don’t try it, lol. Just from 4.
Correct. They began denying them. That doesn't make owning a kit illegal.

No longer true.
The ATF, as of earlier this year, began denying form 1 solvent trap based submissions. From what I understand, If you submit a form one now, they require you lathe your own suppressor parts and virtually create it from scratch. They ask for pictures of your setup and all.

Don’t try it, lol. Just from 4.
So they deny the ability to form 1 them.

That doesn't mean that owning a kit is illegal.

Yes, it does, if you read and understand ATF's reasoning.
They deny your application because in their view you ALREADY possessed an illegal silencer kit,
and it's been a generations-long policy of the feds that you can't change contraband into a legal product.
Once it's illegal, it's contraband, and you can't fix the problem with new registration and taxation.

Now, ATF is NOT actually going out and looking to prosecute people for buying silencer kits-- yet.
But their position is that they are illegal, to have those parts, even unfinished, not assembled into a working can, since both the maker of the parts and you, when you bought them, intended them to be silencer parts.

Although the last time I heard ATF going after a guy for selling do-it-yourself silencer kits, s
specifically fully machined monocores that he claimed were muzzle stabilizers,
ATF LOST AT TRIAL. The jury acquitted the guy.
So, there's room in "the law" to disagree with ATF, and maybe after 3 years and $50,000 in legal fees, you might win.

Back
Top Bottom