• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Someone help me w/ 6.0 diesel...

The 6.0 is exactly why I would not buy a Eco boost engine from ford
Ford does not test their designs
They just make them and let the first buyers test them
If it lasts longer than the warranty , it's a good design

Even the 4.6 and 5.4 gas engines are a very poor design

They eject spark plugs because the thousands of engineers at Ford thought that having three threads engaged would be plenty to hold in a spark plug

And then their redesign to cure it was just as bad
The new plug is EXACTLY the same size as the hole
So after 80,000 miles of carbon buildup onto the plug inside the engine , and you try to remove it , the plug breaks off inside the engine

When you get your 6.oh no running , you need to pass it on to someone else before it explodes like all the rest did

The 6.0 lasts slightly longer than GMs 5.7 and 6.2 diesel they made from a converted gasoline engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 6.0 is exactly why I would not buy a Eco boost engine from ford
Ford does not test their designs
They just make them and let the first buyers test them
If it lasts longer than the warranty , it's a good design

Even the 4.6 and 5.4 gas engines are a very poor design

They eject spark plugs because the thousands of engineers at Ford thought that having three threads engaged would be plenty to hold in a spark plug

And then their redesign to cure it was just as bad
The new plug is EXACTLY the same size as the hole
So after 80,000 miles of carbon buildup onto the plug inside the engine , and you try to remove it , the plug breaks off inside the engine

When you get your 6.oh no running , you need to pass it on to someone else before it explodes like all the rest did

The 6.0 lasts slightly longer than GMs 5.7 and 6.2 diesel they made from a converted gasoline engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just FYI, ford did not make the 6.0, international did to meet emission requirements over the 7.3. the 6.4 was also international while the successful 6.7 is a ford engine.

Make sure both batteries and your alternator are in good shape. Low voltage will kill a FICM quickly.
this is very true, I added a much thicker power line directly from the alternator to the right battery and my charging voltage increased.

Something i havent seen put out there but you prob need STC fitting update and updated standpipes and dummy plugs. those parts are not expensive but putting them in is very intensive. It can contribute to hard starts.

this is very true, I added a much thicker power line directly from the alternator to the right battery and my charging voltage increased.

Something i havent seen put out there but you prob need STC fitting update and updated standpipes and dummy plugs. those parts are not expensive but putting them in is very intensive. It can contribute to hard starts.
I don't think 03 has the crappy STC fitting does it?

Back
Top Bottom