• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Soviet's color fill video!! How to color fill firearms!

i55.tinypic.com_1zq3ct4.jpg

I did this with my Beretta 92FS. Used the silver paint in all of the words and the slide serrations, and I used red on the little "PB" symbol. It turned out great!

Only bit of advice I can offer is to make sure the paint is COMPLETELY DRY before you go to wipe it off (especially if the etching isn't very deep). If the paint is still wet, it'll just wipe out. If the paint is "tacky," it'll pull the paint out of the etching when you wipe it down. So make sure it is completely dry, otherwise you'll be redoing it.

I had to do one side of my Beretta 3 times because I kept wiping it too soon. The first time I waited about 7 minutes, the second time I waited 10 minutes, the third time I waited about 30 minutes just to be sure. It required "scrubbing" a little harder, but it doesn't just wipe the paint out like it does if the paint hasn't completely set. This side had shallower etching, so I'm sure that contributed to the paint wiping out so easily. The other side had deeper etching and I only had to wait about 10 minutes and it worked great.

I'll post pics when I get home from MEPS tomorrow afternoon.

I haven't "clear coated" it yet. Does someone have a good recommendation for a clear coat product?

Gold fill pens are also available in wally's craft section for those highly blued masterpieces that some of you pocess. I did the same treatment to a Ruger MKll target model years ago , the only difference was the gold pen and I wiped it with common lighter fluid. People that aren't aware, will think you've had a custom job done on your toy.

Back
Top Bottom