Spam service is down

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Just an FYI, we use a spam service called stopforumspam.com and it is down right now, that's why we are getting more than the usual amount of spammers today. Hopefully it'll be back up soon!

I ended up disabling it on my forum, I just kept getting so many false denials to new registrations that I just deal with the spammers. Using the email alerts I just glance at the email address. Usually pretty easy to pick out a spammer based on that and nip it in the bud ahead of time.

I ended up disabling it on my forum, I just kept getting so many false denials to new registrations that I just deal with the spammers. Using the email alerts I just glance at the email address. Usually pretty easy to pick out a spammer based on that and nip it in the bud ahead of time.

In 70 or so days of running on my forum it has blocked 3,975 spam accounts, which is approximately 57 fake accounts I would have to deal with manually every day, on top of the average of 45 valid new accounts a day. That's about 100 emails a day- no thanks.

so you're telling me that i'm probably not getting those items i bought from latvia?

imagesCAD7EU4Y.jpg

Back
Top Bottom