• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SR-25 Pattern 7.62 x 51/ 308 win 16” carbine

LMT MWS gives you a lot of flexibility with regards to barrel length and calibers
PWS MK2 is a long stroke piston design but it a good shooting gun with a few options for length and calibers
Armalite if you want to go old school. :) AR10T was the standard for a long time
JP if you want to wait and value precision
LWRC REPR is solid
Ruger SFAR if you are going to carry it/hunt with it. lightweight
Sig 716i, DD5, POF, Springfield, Wilson Combat, Noveske and others

Locally, check to see if Lanxang has any of their VL-34 AR10's left that they might sell. Very accurate and solid build from a local company (they are closing their doors from what I hear).

The newer SIG 716’s are good to go, as are the DD’s.

I’ve handled the Ruger SFAR quite a bit, but haven’t shot one. They are light, but I don’t care a lot for proprietary parts. Feedback from the field seems to be inconsistent. We have them in stock at TruPrep for $1025.

The last SIG 716i we had in stock sold for $1500. The last DD5 we had in stock was a V3, I think it went for $2100-$2200.

I’ve owned a JP Enterprises LRP-07 for over a decade now. Definitely pricey (I ordered mine straight from John Paul and got a yuge discount), but in all these years I’ve never shot a gas gun that was as accurate as the LRP-07. They’re $4000-$4500 nowadays.

A solid AR10 can be built from mostly Aero Precision/Ballistic Advantage parts, and be kept around the price of the Ruger SFAR. Probably end up being a heavier gun, but not necessarily by a lot, and it wouldn’t have proprietary parts.

You reminded me about the first one we had- a bull barrel LR308.

It was Chevy heavy, but did shoot well.

Thank You.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mine now has a nice Sig Red Dot and magnifier. Shoots very tight groups indeed,

1690249693268.jpeg

The newer SIG 716’s are good to go, as are the DD’s.

I’ve handled the Ruger SFAR quite a bit, but haven’t shot one. They are light, but I don’t care a lot for proprietary parts. Feedback from the field seems to be inconsistent. We have them in stock at TruPrep for $1025.

The last SIG 716i we had in stock sold for $1500. The last DD5 we had in stock was a V3, I think it went for $2100-$2200.

I’ve owned a JP Enterprises LRP-07 for over a decade now. Definitely pricey (I ordered mine straight from John Paul and got a yuge discount), but in all these years I’ve never shot a gas gun that was as accurate as the LRP-07. They’re $4000-$4500 nowadays.

A solid AR10 can be built from mostly Aero Precision/Ballistic Advantage parts, and be kept around the price of the Ruger SFAR. Probably end up being a heavier gun, but not necessarily by a lot, and it wouldn’t have proprietary parts.

Are Aeros SR-25 patterned or AR-10 patterned?

Genuine question-
Is there a concensus on a preferred pattern?
Is one inherently more reliable? Accurate? Easier to maintain? Parts availability/interchange?

SR-25 is certainly more prolific than the AR10 platform.

PMAGS are SR-25 patterned, for instance.

AR-10 magazines were typically modified M14 magazines Prior to the Armalite updated version about 10 years ago.

Knight’s Armament
DPMS
Ruger SFAR
POF
LMT
Are all SR-25 pattern rifles.

I really like what I am seeing concerning the Ruger SFAR.

Long term reviews will make my decision.

Back
Top Bottom