• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stagnant Offers; When Do You Pull The Plug?

Dawn2Dusk

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
32   0
Reaction score
Just curious, if you reach out with an offer to a seller "how long do you give them before you consider the offer no longer valid?"

12 hours, a day, couple days, a week?

The standing stagnation of recent offers has gotten to where I'm considering placing a written stipulation in the offer that spells out it's only valid for 48 hours from the stamp of the first PM.

Just curious, if you reach out with an offer to a seller "how long do you give them before you consider the offer no longer valid?"

12 hours, a day, couple days, a week?

The standing stagnation of recent offers has gotten to where I'm considering placing a written stipulation in the offer that spells out it's only valid for 48 hours from the stamp of the first PM.
If you need to move on and get something else, just do it. If later they respond you can tell them you purchased elsewhere before they responded . Your time, your money! No problem!

I usually judge it by their recent activity or online status. One of the most irritating things is when you offer to buy something, even offer asking price and the guy never responds or takes them weeks to reply. I had both happen when I attempted to buy a bow on here, one guy has relisted the bow multiple times since then and is currently listed for sale still and never responded when I offered asking price. The other guy took over a month to reply to my message. My whole thing is if you aren't interested in the offer or have already sold it just take the two minutes to reply and if you're selling something be more attentive to your pm's.

A quick note:
”hey I haven‘t heard back from you about my offer. Fyi… I’m no longer interested but thanks for your time.”

This works for both sides, buying and selling. Keeps it "clean" if anything ever goes for a dispute as long as you send it via PM.

According to the ODT Code, until there’s a meeting time and place agreed to in pms, there’s no binding deal, so an offer without meeting details can’t ever result in the offerer getting hooked in.

So no need to worry about your stale offers, unless you included a meeting time and place in the offer.

Imo Folks ought to reply “no thanks” when they see an offer they don’t like.

Back
Top Bottom