• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steel core 5.45×39 ammo has now been banned

So this guy builds a pistol in a caliber that is popular because of the cheap ammo available and in doing so kills the availability of the cheap ammo and the appeal of the pistol he just built. Right?

So this guy builds a pistol in a caliber that is popular because of the cheap ammo available and in doing so kills the availability of the cheap ammo and the appeal of the pistol he just built. Right?

No not necessarily. There are a couple of FFLs out there building them, and there have been lots of personal builds (see the YouTube videos) so until it becomes official record, we will not know. The first rule of 5.45 pistol club is you do not talk about 5.45 pistol club. :cool: And someone did...

As it stands now it looks like it will be about 30 days before it becomes official. Meanwhile the F6's are on hold so there is a defacto ban.

I still think the entire thing is BS, and if some gun rights organization that takes our money on a yearly basis (you know like the NRA) fights this BS, it will be stopped.

No not necessarily. There are a couple of FFLs out there building them, and there have been lots of personal builds (see the YouTube videos) so until it becomes official record, we will not know. The first rule of 5.45 pistol club is you do not talk about 5.45 pistol club. :cool: And someone did...

As it stands now it looks like it will be about 30 days before it becomes official. Meanwhile the F6's are on hold so there is a defacto ban.

I still think the entire thing is BS, and if some gun rights organization that takes our money on a yearly basis (you know like the NRA) fights this BS, it will be stopped.

Yeah, no.

5.45 isn't "hunting" ammo so don't expect anything from our well-funded friends...

Ok- I skipped some pages in the middle, but we're just talking about steel core ammo, right? Not all 54R is steel core is it? Same for 5.45, surely some of it is steel-free (the projectile at least).

Back
Top Bottom