• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steel core 5.45×39 ammo has now been banned

You know what, I think I am wrong on that. Leonard Embody is the douche nozzle in Nashville who painted his muzzle device orange. He also walked around downtown Nashville open carrying his AR with can attached. When approached by police he refused to show his form 4 in hopes they would arrest him.

JBI Armory is in Texas. I do not believe they are connected. I thought I saw something saying they were one and the same but upon further research it does not appear so.

You know what, I think I am wrong on that. Leonard Embody is the douche nozzle in Nashville who painted his muzzle device orange. He also walked around downtown Nashville open carrying his AR with can attached. When approached by police he refused to show his form 4 in hopes they would arrest him.

JBI Armory is in Texas. I do not believe they are connected. I thought I saw something saying they were one and the same but upon further research it does not appear so.

They both still suck lol

As far as shots in the dark go, this is a big one. I wonder if IWI had inside knowledge of this possibly coming and thats why they killed the 5.45 conversion for the Tavor when demand was at an all time high?

man if you go and look at the EE on ARFCom everybody is selling their 5.45 uppers, ARs and AKs. Used to be you almost never saw a 5.45 AR upper or complete rifle on there and when you did they moved quick. Now there are a bunch. Looks like people are already starting to dump guns chambered in 5.45. I'll have to watch closely, maybe I can scoop up a good deal.

man if you go and look at the EE on ARFCom everybody is selling their 5.45 uppers, ARs and AKs. Used to be you almost never saw a 5.45 AR upper or complete rifle on there and when you did they moved quick. Now there are a bunch. Looks like people are already starting to dump guns chambered in 5.45. I'll have to watch closely, maybe I can scoop up a good deal.

Is this where I get to say I told you so? I remember saying I'd never own a 5.45 for this exact reason and erry one called me crazy.

5.45 is .221 which is 22 caliber and above.

Yes I read where 5.45 is measured diameter from land to land instead of groove to groove like 22cal so it is considered larger.

I still am skeptical this will hold up. It is an outdated law that means nothing. These are just cheap steel core bullets - not armor piercing as the government tries to make them out to be. And besides the majority, if not all, centerfire ammo will penetrate the armor cops wear so once again it serves no purpose other than to shut off cheap ammo to the masses.

Is this where I get to say I told you so? I remember saying I'd never own a 5.45 for this exact reason and erry one called me crazy.

It is one of the reasons I never picked up the caliber, but it still needs to be overturned.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_03_29_duregy4e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom