• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steel Frame Full Semi-Auto Pistol Recommendations

I've had a CZ-75 SP-01 for the past year or so. I'm never selling it. It's completely stock except for some LPA sights the previous owner put on it. I mounted a TLR-1 HL on it, and it has become my bedside gun. 18+1 rounds plus a good light is hard to beat for home defense until you step up to a good carbine. I've got somewhere around 3-5k rounds through it, and I know the previous owner was big into IDPA and also had put thousands of rounds through it when I bought it. I've never had a malfunction, and the only thing I have done is replace the roll pin that acts a firing pin stop, although that was more of a preventative measure.

My only complaint is that it's hard to find holsters for this combo of pistol/light. You pretty much have to custom order it. That said, it's worth the effort.

Nothing fits my hand quite like a CZ-75, and most people who have tried it love it! I went from a Glock to a 1911 to the CZ, and I doubt I'll find something that works better for me without doubling/tripling my investment.

I'm surprised only one person recommended a Ruger P89. Also I think it's a P98.
Only used ones, I recently picked one up for less than 300.00.
These are tanks and great shooting weapons.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom