• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stoddard's Gun Range - My last time, ever??

Like that movie with Ice-T in it ?

"Surviving the Game" 1994, you sir win the innernet tonight, for the old people's division.

screenshot26858.jpg

How come you did not tell us how much you paid for buying ears and eyes? It's cheap. Stoddards is a pretty good range. I shoot regularly with no issues. The price argument is valid but they are ITP. Folks ITP are not interested in driving a hour to get the same Glock for 30 bucks cheaper. You are not interested in driving to Stoddards and paying 30 bucks more right? Same difference.

Just to throw in a little plug........We have the best membership.....along with the ABSOLUTE BEST MEMBERS ANYWHERE!!!!! in the Universe. We are the "only" range membership who does NOT give out Guest Coupons. With our membership you can bring a guest, shooting buddy, spouse, relative, stranger, whom ever, with you every single time you come. Every single day of the year if you want, and your guest gets everything you get. Unlimited, and we really mean unlimited range time. If we are balls to the wall...with a 30 minute wait time.....we would never even think of asking a member to give up a lane. All firearm rentals included, eyes and ears included.

I have an ODT special...which basically is that if you purchase or renew a membership, and tell us you are a member of the ODT we also include free unlimited rentals on all the machine guns too. A lot of times to our regular shooters it's not a big deal, until they have family and friends who come to visit, want to shoot, and never shot a machine gun before. All of ours are free for you to rent. You just pay for the ammo.

Just sayin!!.......sorry for the thread hijack!!

Last edited:
Just to throw in a little plug........We have the best membership value of any range out there. We are the "only" range membership who does NOT give out Guest Coupons. With our membership you can bring a guest, shooting buddy, spouse, relative, stranger, whom ever, with you every single time you come. Every single day of the year if you want, and your guest gets everything you get. Unlimited, and we really mean unlimited range time. If we are balls to the wall...with a 30 minute wait time.....we would never even think of asking a member to give up a lane. All firearm rentals included, eyes and ears included.

I have an ODT special...which basically is that if you purchase or renew a membership, and tell us you are a member of the ODT we also include free unlimited rentals on all the machine guns too. A lot of times to our regular shooters it's not a big deal, until they have family and friends who come to visit, want to shoot, and never shot a machine gun before. All of ours are free for you to rent. You just pay for the ammo.

Just sayin!!.......sorry for the thread hijack!!
You forgot to mention: You have the BEST MEMBERS along with the best membership.
:)

You didn't mention in this post that you are raving about QUICKSHOT.

The best two ranges ITP.

Last edited:
So, the online reviews of this play really didn't reflect my experience with it at all. Though it has the programmable touch screen target system that allows you to select precisely how far you would like your target, lovely air conditioned ranges, and, of course, a big gun shop with $75 Beretta tea shirts.....the cons here definitely out weighed the pro's........for me at least.

Been here twice now, hoping to get other feedback to persuade me to go to a range thats 5 min from my house.

1st experience: Went alone, had to "buy" eye protection and "buy" ear plugs...Thats right, buy, not rent. They do not rent those devices... As I walked away from counter a dude walked out of range with pistol drawn at the ground (kinda), mag in, and the slide in the forward position. ......No body said a word to the dude...... I got into the range to shoot a 1911 I had owned, and 3 guys next to me were firing a full auto mp5 and uzi next to me.....Most ranges I have been to tend to have those kind of things in the 'Rifle' section....It was also there first time firing a gun, from the conversation I heard...

Closed out at range with ,....eyes, ears, 3 targets, ....and 1 hour ........$58 bucks...

2nd experience: Went with Chucklenut, simply to walk around and look at their Haverty's showroom like shop...Gun's and ammo were well priced....I must say, however, don't dry fire any of them or they will freak out. Staff was nice and overall its an interesting place.

Mostly, concerned with safety here....and my wallet too..

Any input or experience would be appreciated. Would love to give it a 3rd chance with out being shot...or being homeless

Dry fire my guns and I will freak out too. It is very impolite to finger **** firearms or women that don't belong to you.

1. Renting ear muffs is gross and rental shooting glasses would be too scratched to use in the first few sessions. You knew you would need them, why not stop and pick some up at Walmart before you get there. I assume that's what you did for ammo, why not muffs and glasses?

2. If you don't like the people that you're shooting next to, ask to move. There is no range that wouldn't accommodate that request if they could.

3. If you didn't say something to someone being unsafe, you're more to blame than the range. Anyone that sees something unsafe is obligated to say something right then. Complaining about it in a gun forum afterwards doesn't do anyone any good. I do, however, agree that it would be nice if someone at Stoddards had notice. On the other hand, I've been to plenty of ranges and I've never been to one that I didn't see something I didn't like. That's just the nature of public ranges.

4. You're right on prices, generally. They charge a premium for most things because you're already at the range and it's convenient. It's the only way they can stay in business and only sell gun related stuff. Heck, I recently paid $12 for a box of 223 FMJ's at Govenor's, which hurt me bad, but I chose to do it because it was convenient. Yes, I can buy those elsewhere for $6-$7, but I chose to buy them. It was the first ammo I'd purchased in about 10 years, but my new gun was doing some funky stuff with the only handloads I had with me. Again, this goes for most ranges and I don't know of any one of us that would it any differently if we owned a range.

5. If you really want to have a really good and safe time, look at the different ranges around and pick one that's having a match of some kind. IDPA and US Action Rifle are the two I'm most familiar with and I think those are about as fun and safe as you can get indoors with a bunch of other shooters. You generally get at least half of the range for the match and it's a blast for only $15.

-Adrian

Dry fire my guns and I will freak out too. It is very impolite to finger **** firearms or women that don't belong to you.

I agree with women, but couldn't disagree more with guns. The trigger is the #1 or #2 most influencing factor when selecting a a new gun. You can't hurt modern guns by dry firing them and any gun store that won't let me dry fire one won't get my business. There aren't many that don't allow that, but Academy Sports has never sold me a gun and never will just for that reason.

1. Renting ear muffs is gross and rental shooting glasses would be too scratched to use in the first few sessions. You knew you would need them, why not stop and pick some up at Walmart before you get there. I assume that's what you did for ammo, why not muffs and glasses?

2. If you don't like the people that you're shooting next to, ask to move. There is no range that wouldn't accommodate that request if they could.

3. If you didn't say something to someone being unsafe, you're more to blame than the range. Anyone that sees something unsafe is obligated to say something right then. Complaining about it in a gun forum afterwards doesn't do anyone any good. I do, however, agree that it would be nice if someone at Stoddards had notice. On the other hand, I've been to plenty of ranges and I've never been to one that I didn't see something I didn't like. That's just the nature of public ranges.

4. You're right on prices, generally. They charge a premium for most things because you're already at the range and it's convenient. It's the only way they can stay in business and only sell gun related stuff. Heck, I recently paid $12 for a box of 223 FMJ's at Govenor's, which hurt me bad, but I chose to do it because it was convenient. Yes, I can buy those elsewhere for $6-$7, but I chose to buy them. It was the first ammo I'd purchased in about 10 years, but my new gun was doing some funky stuff with the only handloads I had with me. Again, this goes for most ranges and I don't know of any one of us that would it any differently if we owned a range.

5. If you really want to have a really good and safe time, look at the different ranges around and pick one that's having a match of some kind. IDPA and US Action Rifle are the two I'm most familiar with and I think those are about as fun and safe as you can get indoors with a bunch of other shooters. You generally get at least half of the range for the match and it's a blast for only $15.

-Adrian
Good input. I mostly agree, not entirely. It's one of the busier ranges I have been to. Changing lanes is not always feasible...

Thanks for the suggestion and comments.

will

Back
Top Bottom