• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stoddard's Gun Range - My last time, ever??

Stoddards only wants your money. Want proof? Ask them how they treated their employees after the recent suicide. They opened their doors to sales while the cleanup crew was still there. They care about you as much as they care for the dead. Do not give them your business, it's a negative reflection on the shooting community as a whole. Disrespectful and unprofessional.

God forbid they should re-open their business and make money after some disrespectful ass hat decided to blow his brains out in their place of business. They are paying plenty each and everyday for rent, insurance, lights, etc. When, in your mind, would it be appropriate to re-open?

You've been in two different threads doing nothing but trashing Stoddard's. I have always been treated very respectfully in their store. Some guys just look for a reason to talk **** about our local gun businesses and it's really getting old. I can't stand the guys who claim to be on our side but love nothing more than to eat their own. If they have re-opened, good for them. They need to move on. The guy who died doesn't deserve a whole lot of respect after what he did to them.

Stoddards only wants your money. Want proof? Ask them how they treated their employees after the recent suicide. They opened their doors to sales while the cleanup crew was still there. They care about you as much as they care for the dead. Do not give them your business, it's a negative reflection on the shooting community as a whole. Disrespectful and unprofessional.
wow

good point. didnt even think about that. then again the guy who killed himself should not have chosen a public business to do it in at the least. but ya, kinda quick for them to reopen. i figured it would be reopen sometime this week

If you're so anti-Stoddard's, why is this your current tag line? "Armorer for Stoddard's in Atlanta." Disgruntled ex-employee?

Some moron comes in and offs himself in lane 1. After the police investigation is complete, and PD has cleared them to allow customers, why not reopen the doors? They are a business and they serve a clientel. It takes sales to keep the doors open and pay there employees.

So how much was eyes and ears? You never said. This whole thread and I still have no idea how much range time costs.

I've never shot there put I poked my head in last week when I had a job across the street. I dry fired the hell out of some guns too. That open display with all those guns that are free to fondle is an amazing thing. It seemed a bit high, but everything in that part of town is.

1st experience: Went alone, had to "buy" eye protection and "buy" ear plugs...Thats right, buy, not rent. They do not rent those devices... As I walked away from counter a dude walked out of range with pistol drawn at the ground (kinda), mag in, and the slide in the forward position. ......No body said a word to the dude...... I got into the range to shoot a 1911 I had owned, and 3 guys next to me were firing a full auto mp5 and uzi next to me.....Most ranges I have been to tend to have those kind of things in the 'Rifle' section....It was also there first time firing a gun, from the conversation I heard...

1) As others have said PPE is entirely a "Purchase" item
2) The 1911 guy, EVERYONE and I Do mean EVERYONE at/on or near a range is a Range safety officer. Stop and correct or you are just as wrong.
3) Not all ranges segregate weapons by weapon type, those that do usually do so by cartridge.
4) If the new shooters we behaving in an unsafe manner, again, it is YOUR responsibility to say or do something.

I like making friends at the range but I like NOT being shot even more.

So how much was eyes and ears? You never said. This whole thread and I still have no idea how much range time costs.

I've never shot there put I poked my head in last week when I had a job across the street. I dry fired the hell out of some guns too. That open display with all those guns that are free to fondle is an amazing thing. It seemed a bit high, but everything in that part of town is.
Don't remember exactly. I had one lane, with eyes and ears, a few targets ... Around 45 or 50.

I've been going to Stoddards since the old place burned down (I think it was something different than Stoddards before) and they built the new one (they even had a store on Fairburn Road in Douglasville in a little shopping center and I bought a few guns from them. I've shot quite a few times at their Douglasville range. I always bring my own eyes and ears but will usually buy some rounds from them. The times I've gone they have not been packed and I got to choose my lane away from other people. Last visit I was shooting .357 and some .38 and some .40 cal (boo, hiss) but it was fun. I had a silhouette target and shot out the head, heart and crotch at a good distance. I took that target home and was just hanging it in the basement when daughter showed up with a new boyfriend. I brought him over and showed him the target and I don't believe we ever saw him again.

But, bottom line is I've bought a lot of handguns and rifles from Stoddards and have been happy with what they sold me and happy with the price they sold them to me. The staff has always taken the time to talk to me about each piece and I appreciate that (they tried to talk me out of ordering a Rossi Wizard rifle in 45-70. I got it and shot it once, not at their range and the packed it away. I should have listened).

I've been going to Stoddards since the old place burned down (I think it was something different than Stoddards before) and they built the new one (they even had a store on Fairburn Road in Douglasville in a little shopping center and I bought a few guns from them. I've shot quite a few times at their Douglasville range. I always bring my own eyes and ears but will usually buy some rounds from them. The times I've gone they have not been packed and I got to choose my lane away from other people. Last visit I was shooting .357 and some .38 and some .40 cal (boo, hiss) but it was fun. I had a silhouette target and shot out the head, heart and crotch at a good distance. I took that target home and was just hanging it in the basement when daughter showed up with a new boyfriend. I brought him over and showed him the target and I don't believe we ever saw him again.

But, bottom line is I've bought a lot of handguns and rifles from Stoddards and have been happy with what they sold me and happy with the price they sold them to me. The staff has always taken the time to talk to me about each piece and I appreciate that (they tried to talk me out of ordering a Rossi Wizard rifle in 45-70. I got it and shot it once, not at their range and the packed it away. I should have listened).
LOL @ showing the daughter's boyfriend the target. Good on you!

Back
Top Bottom