Survival Preparedness Retreat

I don't know the people that put on this seminar. But I thought it is a good idea that some organization is out there trying to help others, because not everyone knows how to prep or have the time to do research.

TO THE FEW ODT MEMBERS that commented on this thread - you guys also do not know this organization or what they do, and automatically assume just because they charge a fee that the seminars are worthless or are meant for useless incompetent urban people. Bottom line is you don't know whether their seminars are worthless without ever having been through them. But you find it necessary to make fun of them without any prior knowledge.

You guys are offensive to me. Your know it all attitude is childish! Furthermore going in the forest with a knife is not survival prepping, you're just trying to play Rambo wanna be. If you don't know what you are talking about, shut up because you come across really STUPID!!!

That went well.....................

Relax. It might be a good primer for the uninitiated or it might not be. Survival prepper? Which came first the survivalist or the prepper? I personally think they are different sides of the same coin. The survivalist is a minimalist and the prepper is a stockpiler. I do feel the need to point out that by calling the ODT members Rambo wannabes you are guilty of the same thing that you lashed out at them for......just saying!!!! Peace.

Honestly, I do know some people that would benefit from something like this. They have no clue how to survive without the luxuries we all enjoy at the moment.

I wasn't kidding when I said $165 isn't bad for 2 people on a two day course for what it's geared for. Damn, I will refrain from joking around further OP. I do think it could be beneficial for the right folks....there

Well I can think of a lot of people that could benefit from such a 'seminar'. The target audience is probably not current preppers/survivalists.

There's been several threads where people ask "how do I get family involved or explain the need to prep for emergencies?"

If you have a wife, mom, dad, brother or sister who you are trying show the need to have some emergency supplies, this is the ticket.
This "legitimizes" if you will, the concept of preparation. Much more so than here's a knife and there's the woods. (there is a time and place for that as well as you put your craft into practice).
But if this raises awareness and more people prep for emergencies then it's win/win.

I think it's a great idea. I wouldn't mind going myself. You never know, there might be some information you haven't yet gained the knowledge of, and everyone could use a refresher on the things they think they already know.

Knowledge is power folks.

my problem with this type of program ,(unless this one is different from the ones i'v been ask to give talks at) is the way they send out the message that when times get bad ,AKA SHTF.everybody will get together,have a little prayer hold hands and walk over to the neighbors house and sing and just enjoy cooking hot dogs over the fire and tell stories untill the lights come back on.
no where do they tell the real deal about the gangs of savage thugs roaming around,people dieing because they cant get their medication,people getting killed for nothing,women & children getting raped all over the place,the rotten smell of sewage ,dead people and animals everywhere.
yes its a good idea for people who have no idea how to get along without a Mcdonalds right down the block.but i think they should teach the whole deal.that you cant go out there and throw some seeds in the ground and grow enough food to feed you family.you put all this food back and forget to rotate out the dates and you end up killing your family from food poision.it goes on and on

in all respect, i'm for this type thing, just dont fool folks into a false sence of hope teach to truth.

my problem with this type of program ,(unless this one is different from the ones i'v been ask to give talks at) is the way they send out the message that when times get bad ,AKA SHTF.everybody will get together,have a little prayer hold hands and walk over to the neighbors house and sing and just enjoy cooking hot dogs over the fire and tell stories untill the lights come back on.
no where do they tell the real deal about the gangs of savage thugs roaming around,people dieing because they cant get their medication,people getting killed for nothing,women & children getting raped all over the place,the rotten smell of sewage ,dead people and animals everywhere.
yes its a good idea for people who have no idea how to get along without a Mcdonalds right down the block.but i think they should teach the whole deal.that you cant go out there and throw some seeds in the ground and grow enough food to feed you family.you put all this food back and forget to rotate out the dates and you end up killing your family from food poision.it goes on and on

in all respect, i'm for this type thing, just dont fool folks into a false sence of hope teach to truth.

Yeah, I understand your point. But if you don't start them off slowly, their natural inclination is to deny sh*t can ever hit the fan. They won't swallow that pill unless they decide to put it in their mouths with their own hand. I see this program as something to help people see how vunerable they are and let them go find the truth themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Obiwan, like the new avatar.:)

Yeah, I like the avatar. Thank you!

Yeah, I understand your point. But if you don't start them off slowly, their natural inclination is to deny sh*t can ever hit the fan. They won't swallow that pill unless they decide to put it in their mouths with their own hand. I see this program as something to help people see how vunerable they are and let them go find the truth themselves.

- - - Updated - - -.

Yeah, I like the avatar. Thank you!
very true!

Back
Top Bottom