• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Survival Training

I'd rather go into a national forest and not a campsite, but I am open to whichever the majority decides. WHEN do we think we might try to make this happen? I'm open any weekend until thanksgiving.

This is why I like Cohutta. In a survival situation, you will be staying AWAY from everybody else so normal
campsites are out. JMO but I'm with the group.

I'd say give it a week or so to see how many are really commited to it, then we will plan a trip some where. I don't plan on taking a tent, but will build a lean to structure just like in a real survival situation. We can browse the forest for whatever edible plants that might be in the area. Also, it's bow season, so maybe we can get some camp meat. :) Think about a place that has a good water source that we can boil for drinking water. Also, that might have some meadows we can check for edible plants. The goal of this trip will be to learn to live off the land in a situation where supplies might be non existent or very low.

It seems most of us are in Atlanta or on the north side of it. I suggest that we go to either to Unicoi or Vogel state park area. I would say Friday night and Saturday night maybe the weekend of Oct. 16th. We should try to meet up in the next two weeks and talk about it. I'm not trying to take the lead here. just throwing out suggestions. if you agree, let me know. If you have other ideas, let us all know.

It seems most of us are in Atlanta or on the north side of it. I suggest that we go to either to Unicoi or Vogel state park area. I would say Friday night and Saturday night maybe the weekend of Oct. 16th. We should try to meet up in the next two weeks and talk about it. I'm not trying to take the lead here. just throwing out suggestions. if you agree, let me know. If you have other ideas, let us all know.

Take the lead brother!

Back
Top Bottom