• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Survival Training

The dates aren't etched in stone, what about the weekend of Oct 22-24? With the amount of people that we have wanting to go, i don't know if we will find a weekend that everyone is free. The only weekend that is not good for me is Oct 9.

The dates aren't etched in stone, what about the weekend of Oct 22-24? With the amount of people that we have wanting to go, i don't know if we will find a weekend that everyone is free. The only weekend that is not good for me is Oct 9.

Oct 9 is not good for me either. Any other weekend will be hit or miss depending on the demands of business travel. Worse case I can make it late Saturday afternoon and stay through Sunday. Maybe plan a day event before going out on an overnight.....a meet and greet (2 to 3 hours) perhaps?

It seems most of us are in Atlanta or on the north side of it. I suggest that we go to either to Unicoi or Vogel state park area. I would say Friday night and Saturday night maybe the weekend of Oct. 16th. We should try to meet up in the next two weeks and talk about it. I'm not trying to take the lead here. just throwing out suggestions. if you agree, let me know. If you have other ideas, let us all know.

The only problem with this is you have to stay in designated camp sites as far as I know. The only reason I suggested Cohutta
is because you can camp anywhere you like. Please correct me if I am wrong about Unicoi or Vogel.

I think we should do a meet. I'm not trying to hijack this thread from BuckSlayer or take the lead here. Maybe that's what i've done... sorry. Not trying to step on anyone. What would be a good place for us all to meet? Duluth? Dunwoody? I'd say Alpharetta, but that is where I live. We have people in Gwinnett, Dahlonega, Alpharetta/Roswell, and Atlanta, and I believe a person or two on the south side of the city. Does anyone have an idea about where would be a good central location? Also, the date. What about us meeting on Sept 25. I get up early and usually try to get stuff done, but I can meet anytime between 8am and 4pm. If someone has a better idea of a place and time, please say something. We will need to decide on both. thanks
John

The only problem with this is you have to stay in designated camp sites as far as I know. The only reason I suggested Cohutta
is because you can camp anywhere you like. Please correct me if I am wrong about Unicoi or Vogel.

I did not know that about Unicoi or Vogel. I'm not really partial to any place. I think we are looking for a place pretty remote. I don't think any of us want to stay at a campground, I don't. Where is Cohutta?

I also talked to a guy in Dahlonega that is a professional trainer for foraging Wild Edible plants. He was recommended by Green Deane down in FL. Maybe one weekend we can hire this guy to do a half day or full day training in wild edible plants. Could come in handy. You never know. So you know, I'm pretty sure you can camp anywhere on Blue Ridge and Coopers Creek WMAs also.

Back
Top Bottom