• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Survival Training

How much is his rate?

This is what he quoted me when I emailed him. He is out of Dahlonega, so if we do Blue Ridge or Coopers Creek, he will not have to travel far.

I charge by the half-day or day, regardless of numbers of participants. $220 and $340, respectively. If I travel to you, depending on where you are, there will be a nominal gas fee.

Les Strauds books will teach you A LOT as well.

With the research I've done, it's better to learn from a person. There are a lot of edible plants that have poisonous look alikes, only minor differences. I would rather have a person point it out to me than try to identify it from a picture in a book. One mistake is all it will take for a person to get sick, hospitalized, or worse.

With the research I've done, it's better to learn from a person. There are a lot of edible plants that have poisonous look alikes, only minor differences. I would rather have a person point it out to me than try to identify it from a picture in a book. One mistake is all it will take for a person to get sick, hospitalized, or worse.

Heck, that's what i have health insurance for! just kidding. so have we decided on a place to meet before the expedition?

If we go up to blue ridge or elsewhere, we can bring a shotgun and side arm for protection from the lions and tigers and bears right? I'm almost 90 percent sure.

This sounds like a great time and I would definitely be down to get a group of 10 or so + that instructor for some training. I think a pre-meet to get a solid count before-hand is a good idea, and either the weekend of 10/16 or 10/23 works great for me too.

Before anything though I would like to hammer down an official location so I can get a few maps together and start looking them over. Then we can meet to discuss possible routes and where we will stop each night. All the planning we can do now will make things a lot easier next month.

I think the Cohutta is a great idea.

Last edited:
If we go up to blue ridge or elsewhere, we can bring a shotgun and side arm for protection from the lions and tigers and bears right? I'm almost 90 percent sure.

You could bring a sidearm if you have a carry license. A shotgun would be okay if you had bird shot or something where you could say you are squirrel hunting. I don't think we want to wait too long though because the plants will start dying and will be hard to identify. We need to do it before it starts getting too cold.

I've had the carry permit for a while. We still haven't decided on the place and time for a meet and greet. Cohutta sounds good to me, so does blue ridge. I don't know either areas real well, so, I'm good with whatever the group decides. I proposed a meet on 8/25, do you guys still want to try that date? I am good to put in money on the instructor also.

Back
Top Bottom