• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

suspended for writing Sandy Hook poem

"zero tolerance policy towards violence" how does that work, reminds me of when i was punched in the face in high school after pushing this idiots hand away form my locker as he was messing up my combination for 2 minutes, i ended up getting detention for pushing him

as much as i disagree with the girls view on the event and motivation for him doing it, i still support hr freedom to write about it as she sees fit

Students to not enjoy full rights at school.

I'm not saying it is not an overreaction on the school's part but the "freedom of speech" angle is a non-starter.

Do you mean "do"? How do you figure this is a Non-starter? Correct me if I am wrong but where in this do you see "Students excluded", or free speech zones for that matter?
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Do you mean "do"? How do you figure this is a Non-starter? Correct me if I am wrong but where in this do you see "Students excluded", or free speech zones for that matter?
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

NJ v. T.L.O. 1985

Bethel School District #43 v Fraser 1987

Hazelwood v. Kuhlmeier 1988

I'm just gonna leave this right here:

Supreme Court of Georgia.
PADELFORD, FAY & Co. plaintiffs
v.
THE MAYOR AND ALDERMEN OF THE CITY
OF SAVANNAH.
No. 64.
January Term, 1854.

page 6

92 Constitutional Law
92VI Enforcement of Constitutional Provisions
92VI(A)
Persons Entitled to Raise Constitutional Questions; Standing
92VI(A)1 In General 92k665 k. In General. Most Cited Cases
(Formerly 92k42(2))
No private person has a right to complain by suit in
court on the ground of a breach of the United States
constitution; for, though the constitution is a
compact, he is not a party to it.

I'm just gonna leave this right here:

Supreme Court of Georgia.
PADELFORD, FAY & Co. plaintiffs
v.
THE MAYOR AND ALDERMEN OF THE CITY
OF SAVANNAH.
No. 64.
January Term, 1854.

page 6

92 Constitutional Law
92VI Enforcement of Constitutional Provisions
92VI(A)
Persons Entitled to Raise Constitutional Questions; Standing
92VI(A)1 In General 92k665 k. In General. Most Cited Cases
(Formerly 92k42(2))
No private person has a right to complain by suit in
court on the ground of a breach of the United States
constitution; for, though the constitution is a
compact, he is not a party to it.

So why all the hoopla about banning guns if we are not a party to the constitution?

Back
Top Bottom