• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SxS for home defense?

I keep a Glock 17 9mm 17 round+ extra mag, a Rem. 870 smooth bore slug barrel, light and laser 12 ga 5 00buck, and a Mak 90 30 round FMJ, within arms reach.

I guess it's a good thing ole Joe the Jester told his wife to shoot the gun outside of the house. I wonder if she had already discharge a couple of rounds through the bedroom ceiling?
How many people have a balcony off of their bedroom? I'd like to see a show of hands. lol

A problem with a double is, if in the excitement of the moment when using it in self defense, if you pull both triggers you are pretty much done if you miss and the bad guy is firing back. Not many people carry shells in their pockets. Don't think you might accidently pull both triggers? Try using one in a cowboy action competition and see how easy it is. The seller is just trying to unload a gun with false claims. It might be the best gun for him, but is it the best gun for you? If it was the best gun for self defense, then why is he selling it LOL?! He must have a couple more haha!

A problem with a double is, if in the excitement of the moment when using it in self defense, if you pull both triggers you are pretty much done if you miss and the bad guy is firing back. Not many people carry shells in their pockets. Don't think you might accidently pull both triggers? Try using one in a cowboy action competition and see how easy it is. The seller is just trying to unload a gun with false claims. It might be the best gun for him, but is it the best gun for you? If it was the best gun for self defense, then why is he selling it LOL?! He must have a couple more haha!
That really depends on the gun. Not all doubles have two triggers, some that do also have two hammers, quite a few have a single trigger and a recoil based cocking mechanism to cock the firing pin for the second barrel.

That really depends on the gun. Not all doubles have two triggers, some that do also have two hammers, quite a few have a single trigger and a recoil based cocking mechanism to **** the firing pin for the second barrel.

True enough, but again, who is going to have a pocket full of shells when using it for self defense? It does have its drawbacks.

Chiappa firearms has a "triple threat" 3-barreled break-open 12 ga. shotgun.

If you REALLY love the idea of a break-open concealed-hammer shotgun for HD, this one gives you 50% more ammo capacity.

AND the butt stock has a seam along which it can be detached to leave a stubby half-stock, just long enough to be legal and out of the NFA's restrictions.

Actually it's only 33% more capacity, I'll stick with my 1300 Defender

True enough, but again, who is going to have a pocket full of shells when using it for self defense? It does have its drawbacks.
Totally agree, two shots are not enough. Get out of bed, fire one, miss, one left. Looking for extra rounds in the dark, good luck. I keep my 92 there just in case, I have 15 friends in my hand or in my wife's hand. Just my thoughts.

Totally agree, two shots are not enough. Get out of bed, fire one, miss, one left. Looking for extra rounds in the dark, good luck. I keep my 92 there just in case, I have 15 friends in my hand or in my wife's hand. Just my thoughts.
If you can't make the shot you shouldn't be pulling the trigger. If you're planning on missing then you may want to rethink your strategy.
Edit to add: Planning on missing and being prepared to recover from a miss are not one and the same.

A double barrel cost more than a pump. About the most reloading I would care to do in a firefight would be sliding the action, or replacing the mag, after I had fired 15+ rounds.

Back
Top Bottom