• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The 460 Rowland conversion.

For realz?

Wouldn't cycle the .45 at all?
Yep.

Maybe try some Underwood +p's after you get it broken in :noidea:
I may try that.

It should cycle hot .45 ACP loads, but not the standard stuff. If it cycles the standard .45 ACP then your beating your pistol to death when firing Rowland.
If these hotter loads of 460 don't fix the problem I may have to drop down to a lighter recoil spring. Maybe a 18 1/2 instead of the 20 that is in it.

So…..you did the project after all.
You might want to go with the 24lb spring when trying that Buffalo Bore. A 255 gr at 1300fps is pretty hot. I loaded some 200 XTPs that averaged 1360…..slightly more than a half grain off a max load. Shot well, no drama. I'm using the 20lb spring but also a 25lb mainspring with flap bottom firing pin stop in my Para conversion.

So…..you did the project after all.
You might want to go with the 24lb spring when trying that Buffalo Bore. A 255 gr at 1300fps is pretty hot. I loaded some 200 XTPs that averaged 1360…..slightly more than a half grain off a max load. Shot well, no drama. I'm using the 20lb spring but also a 25lb mainspring with flap bottom firing pin stop in my Para conversion.

Yeah man, it has been disappointing so far though. I am going to the BB stuff because the corbon would not cycle the 20 lb spring. We will see what happens.

Yeah man, it has been disappointing so far though. I am going to the BB stuff because the corbon would not cycle the 20 lb spring. We will see what happens.

Well, the up side is the kit fit one of your 1911s…..I had to send mine to Clark for fitting. If the BB is anywhere close to what they claim it will definitely cycle. Good luck with it. I think you'll find it to be a worthwhile project.

Well, the up side is the kit fit one of your 1911s…..I had to send mine to Clark for fitting. If the BB is anywhere close to what they claim it will definitely cycle. Good luck with it. I think you'll find it to be a worthwhile project.

That sucks. Glad you got it working though. Thanks man. :)

Well got the Buffalo bore ammo in. Time for another range trip. Wish me good luck guys. :thumb:

More of the video where it jammed up. You can see how the brass wasn't getting extracted. Looks like a weak cycle of the firearm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom