• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
I thought I'd give an update on my HK USP 45. So far I've fired exactly 690 rounds through it. 560 of that was brass cased 230gr FMJs, 110 of those were Federal 230gr HST, and 20 were old Underwood 230gr JHPs. I've never cleaned or lubricated the gun since I've purchased it, and so far it has had 0 malfunctions of any kind. I'm still working on getting better with the pistol, but my groups have dramatically improved since when I began shooting. I just recently traded a little j frame for 1,000 rounds of 230gr ball, so I'll have a lot more to practice with in the future.

I'm carrying the gun in an appendix holster and it conceals great.

I don't think that's logical reasoning. The conclusion "there's no difference in the performance of conventional handgun chamberings" doesn't logically follow the premise "handguns are not as ballistically effective as rifles and shotguns." Even if both pail in comparison to long guns, there can still be meaningful ballistic differences between 9 and 45.
Could be but there isn't enough difference to bother arguing about. I never said there was "no difference". I said they are all anemic and poor killers. That is a fact.

Could be but there isn't enough difference to bother arguing about. I never said there was "no difference". I said they are all anemic and poor killers. That is a fact.
Again, there's no law of logic that would allow you to support that conclusion from your premise. In fact, allow me borrow your logic to show its flaws.

There is no meaningful difference between a .22lr pistol and a 12 gauge shotgun because both pale in comparison to a nuclear bomb.

See the issue?

Again, there's no law of logic that would allow you to support that conclusion from your premise. In fact, allow me borrow your logic to show its flaws.

There is no meaningful difference between a .22lr pistol and a 12 gauge shotgun because both pale in comparison to a nuclear bomb.

See the issue?
Never mind. Damn, you people will argue about anything. I say it isn't worth arguing and you want to argue about that. Read some actual statistics on handguns and single shot kills. I think you may be surprised. I feel perfectly secure carrying a 22 pistol just as I would if I was carrying a 9mm or 40 or 45. And again, stop attempting to put words in my mouth. The absolute best hand gun to carry is one you are comfortable with and can shoot well.

See the issue?

Wut…are you a lawyer? Sounds like something a lawyer would argue.

Twice as big

Twice as big

Twice as big

Biggur

Stops and thinks.

Twice as big.
iu

Back
Top Bottom