• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The longest running project .... the PKM

so ... I have wanted this project to happen for a long time . If it was not one thing in the way it was something else . Today the final piece came in and all was finished .

Ever since I was a kid eating his boogers.... Ive wanted a PKM . I wanted one the minute I saw it for the first time . Unfortunately there are 1 maybe 2 transferable ones so that was a no can do. So , semi auto is all that’s left . Even that is no simple task.

Marcolmar firearms made 250 . A few builders here and there made them. That’s it . Back years ago these sold for $5,500. Today you are looking at $10,000. That is ridiculous but it’s like machine guns ... supply and demand costs . PkM parts kits sell for $4,000+ (yes just a chopped up one) . That being said , This was a royal pain the ass but it was worth it in the end.

The PKM is a general purpose machine gun . General purpose machine guns are designed to fill several roles all in one package. This is by far the most popular and reliable GPMG imo. I like the mg42 and vz59 but nothing beats a PKM . No more talking . Let’s see the smut !

View attachment 1478988
View attachment 1478989
View attachment 1478990
View attachment 1478991
CONGRATS,THAT BE A BAD ASS MOCHINE.

That is awesome. Congratulations on everything finally coming together for you. Definitely tops the list on the coolest guns I have seen.
I’m only one away and it may take the cake . Inside this pile of awesome is that tall MG3 lafette Tripod . I’m waiting on my MG3 to make its way from the factory . Got a 2nd barrel in the works . So it just might take the PKM since the tripod and gun are HK .

16AA0701-4A99-4E73-AEEE-BA39663276DE.jpeg

Thanks! Now is the time to build an AR as the prices are just dirt cheap.

To be honest the push that made me finally get this project going came in a strange and unexpected way. I was injured pretty severely in 2015 due to a nice young fella texting and driving.

After that my physical ability to run around banging an AK was cut to almost zero. Unfortunately it is almost zero today still but i had to find a way around it . Firearms on tripods allow me to shoot without paying heavily for it later . That is critical and very important to me . So this allows me to keep up with the healthy cool kids

Hate hear that about your mobility. Doesn't seem like your missing a step.:becky: That thing is awesome and you put it together!!!

The bar is how the semi auto functions. That’s the striker spring tube. Inside they have a block , a long rod that the block rides on and springs . That tube is just like the buffer tube on an AR

No bumpfire stocks for me. I have a crank fire which eats up enough x54R as it is lol

View attachment 1479120

Holy crap! Need lots of food for that!

Hate hear that about your mobility. Doesn't seem like your missing a step.:becky: That thing is awesome and you put it together!!!
Yeah you gotta play the hand you are delt sometimes . Sucks but that is what it is .

I just put the pieces together and the money . The real credit should be with Malcolmar firearms . They do damn fine work.

Back
Top Bottom