Change the world or let it fall further into the abyss

• Get my money skanky Ho!

Votes: 32 71.1%
  • Keep it for birth control.

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • This is not taco bell

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
I`m old school. I could care less about a penny. I don`t want to put myself on a pedestal . So I don`t walk in to a biz and judge the gal as white trash,based on how she looks. Most guys riding Harleys look like white trash,but I know they ain`t. Wife and I grew up working behind food counters. We always tip 20%,even with bad service,because we know what goes on behind the scenes in food places.
Well, I'm not tipping the cashier at Wendy's, and I didnt judge by the way she looked. More like looked, talked, walked, dressed, and handled herself. Kind of removed all doubt for me.

Uhh you are definitely cheap, not just maybe LOL. Basically you are saying the most you would possibly tip is 14% on the pretax amount....

Why thank you ! Yep cheap, frugal, titewade, yep all apply. However, retired, not on ss no house, car or truck payment. Buy whatever I (or wife) want. Yep, cheap on giving money away.

Why thank you ! Yep cheap, frugal, titewade, yep all apply. However, retired, not on ss no house, car or truck payment. Buy whatever I (or wife) want. Yep, cheap on giving money away.

While I applaud your financial success, I disagree with your sentiment that tipping is "giving money away". Servers work for $2.13/HR and rely on tips as their main source of income. A couple bucks on top of that tax doubling wouldn't hurt you too bad, but could add up for the server.

While I applaud your financial success, I disagree with your sentiment that tipping is "giving money away". Servers work for $2.13/HR and rely on tips as their main source of income. A couple bucks on top of that tax doubling wouldn't hurt you too bad, but could add up for the server.

I humbly disagree, years back I worked at fast food chains, service stations as a mechanic. Landed a job in a steel mill, thanks to Japans steel production lost my job. Ended up paying for tech school, no tsa didn't help, sucked up the cost of school, with my wife and new born son. Yes times were hard, I know the feeling of not having two nickels to rub together. Life taught me a good lesson to take care of my own first.
If being a server doesn't pay the bills and you must rely on the tips of others, it's time to move on.
We have become a society of people that put their hands out looking for the generosity of strangers. Whatever became of winners and losers, now the kids get trophies for just showing up.
Okay I am done, yes I am cheap, and will continue to be so. Jump on I am not a snowflake.

I humbly disagree, years back I worked at fast food chains, service stations as a mechanic. Landed a job in a steel mill, thanks to Japans steel production lost my job. Ended up paying for tech school, no tsa didn't help, sucked up the cost of school, with my wife and new born son. Yes times were hard, I know the feeling of not having two nickels to rub together. Life taught me a good lesson to take care of my own first.
If being a server doesn't pay the bills and you must rely on the tips of others, it's time to move on.
We have become a society of people that put their hands out looking for the generosity of strangers. Whatever became of winners and losers, now the kids get trophies for just showing up.
Okay I am done, yes I am cheap, and will continue to be so. Jump on I am not a snowflake.

Nobody can pay the bills for $2.13/HR, that is why they get tips. Quality service deserves a better tip than 12%. I too have worked hard to get to where I am comfortable with my wife and young daughterwoth plans to add another mouth to feed in the near future. Putting myself through school while working in/managing restaurants also is not easy but I did it. All of that aside you working hard your whole life doesn't mean tipping is giving money away for free. You pay the restaurant and chef for the food and you pay the server for taking care of you by tipping them, last I checked they don't just sit at the front door and expect a tip on your way out...that would be giving money away for nothing.

Nobody can pay the bills for $2.13/HR, that is why they get tips. Quality service deserves a better tip than 12%. I too have worked hard to get to where I am comfortable with my wife and young daughterwoth plans to add another mouth to feed in the near future. Putting myself through school while working in/managing restaurants also is not easy but I did it. All of that aside you working hard your whole life doesn't mean tipping is giving money away for free. You pay the restaurant and chef for the food and you pay the server for taking care of you by tipping them, last I checked they don't just sit at the front door and expect a tip on your way out...that would be giving money away for nothing.

And I agree. No one can live on 2.13. So...
Server has three tables, one table spends 20.00, next one spends 30 last but not least wife and I spend 50.00.
20+30+50=100. 12% tip by each table looks like 12.00
12+2.13= 14.13, (naturally my friends are there and we're all cheap) not bad for 1 hour worth of work.
I am not bitching, if we all get what we want there is no reason to excel, be comfortable and live on tips, no I moved on. Obama has left the building.
And yes, I have seen severs waiting at the door with hands out. Not to me, but others, yea real high class places, lol.

Just a friendly discussion.

I find that the more generous I am the more rewarding life becomes. Try it. The smile my haircut lady gives me and the kid putting pine straw it the truck at Pikes is worth way more than the $10 or $20 tip. I grossly over tip but that's just me.

Don't know if it is pre-senile paranoia, but it seems to me the older I get the more cashiers try to short change me. Fast food drive thru windows are probably the worst. Maybe its just the quality/intelligence of the employee hired. Nobody can make change anymore without the cash register telling them how much to give back.

I go to Waffle House for breakfast a couple times a week, I am a sort-of regular. I usually tip about 20% because I am on a first name basis with "the gals", but other regulars will leave a two dollar tip for a cup of coffee, which makes me look cheap.
Or, if they have a meal, check price 8 or 9 dollars, they will leave a $5 tip. Some of the waitresses give me a look like, "this is how you are supposed to tip, you cheap bastid."

First off, I have never been a server. I did work in fast food service in high school, and there was no tip jar on the counter like now days. I am an over tipper, to a point. Let me have to keep asking for a refill of my beverage and your tip will be based upon your actual service. I take into consideration how many tables she may have and how busy the place is before giving a low tip. And a low tip to me is 15%. My daddy always said that if you can afford to go out and eat, you can afford to tip well. I am one that will not ask for change from my $20 on a $13 tab. That $7 means very little to me, but could make a difference in her life. The good Lord has blessed me w/ a good job and I like to think I am making a little bit of a difference in someone else's life. Let's face it, food service is not meant to be a career builder, but some people don't have the skills to do anything else.

HOWEVER....

Delivery drivers are really starting to piss me off. Several times in the past few months they claim to not be able to make change. The last time my tab was $22.XX and I handed him 2 x $20 and asked for $10 back. Giving him a $7.XX tip. He said that he didn't have any change. Bull****!! I dug $2 and some change out of my pocket. He ended up w/ about a .15 tip and the advice to make sure he can bust a $20. Needless to say, I have not ordered from that place since.

Unlike my girlfriend, who has been a server in the past; I have caught her twice subtracting the tip from the bill amount. But, that is a whole other story. :)

Back
Top Bottom