- Crye JPC with side plates
- Blue force gear sustainment pouch (small
pouch up by my name tape)
- Blue force gear radio pouch
- Army issued JFAC
- Krydex Flat Pack in Multicam with camel back
- 2 x HSG mag pouches, plus the 3 in the crye JPC
- Demo Gerber

I use this during ranges in the reserves, so I don’t have a belt. If I carry a pistol it just goes on my riggers belt with a small utility knife. I don’t know if I’m allowed to mob / deploy with it. It fits army issued plates fine. Guys in the 82nd and SF were issued them during GRF since you can jump in them.

My idea is to carry just the bare necessities, while also being within army standards.

My sustainment pouch up front is for maps, pens, papers, reporting formats. I just fold them up small or use a small write in the rain notebooks with reports already inside. Then I have them compartmentalized in there.

Radio pouch is up front or on the side for easy access.

JFAC on the back right (you don’t need easy access, it’s meant for your teammates to have access to use on you) and then tourniquets in my bottom pockets on my pants, and on each shoulder pocket in my top.

Mags, ehhh, I want my carrier to be some what flat and small so I’m just using what’s inside the crye, but recognize I need more than 90 rounds so I have 2 HSG pouches.

Demo gerber bc Im an engineer and it’s handy for demo. It’s also just a great all around tool. That up front or on my right side close to the front.

Flat pack is for the camel back and 3 day supply type stuff. Not sure how I really feel about it. I’ve only used it for 1 day ranges and stuff. So not very useful for those situations, but could be on longer field exercises. I could see it’s usefulness when I was in Afghanistan.
You just reminded me to dig up an HSGI pistol mag pouch for my leather man. Been meaning to do that for a bit and keep forgetting

Serious question for you SF/ or combat guys. We’re you issued or given something to keep you up and going for an extended time? I have heard that pilots used to get a pep pill to keep them awake? Any truth to that?

Serious question for you SF/ or combat guys. We’re you issued or given something to keep you up and going for an extended time? I have heard that pilots used to get a pep pill to keep them awake? Any truth to that?

Yeah man a healthy serving of coke and meth. Then to bring us down they would have kyrgyzstan hookers and beer waiting for us back at the FOB.

Serious answer, for me and my unit, running a pretty ****ty schedule we were issued beef jerky, ripits, and 800 mg ibuprofen. That was it. I wasn’t SF though. I don’t know what special units do. On all three of my deployments they did give us sleeping pills on the plane rides to and from theater.

The trick is to lay off the caffeine the days leading up to a critical mission. Then the day of, consume small amounts of caffeine throughout the day and ensure you have snacks handy.

Eating clean, hydrating, and staying in shape helps your body keep going longer.

I dont remember where I heard it. I dont think it would be wrong if they did. Do what you got to do to survive.

Germans were known for it during WWII and some army ranger units were as well. The guys who did the raid to rescue the soldiers from the Bataan death March we’re on pharmaceutical speed.

So you’re not wrong. It’s in several WWII history books.

I dont remember where I heard it. I dont think it would be wrong if they did. Do what you got to do to survive.

They used to take Amphetamines, aka uppers or speed. They are issued Modafinil now. The drugs counteract the fatigue effects G-force has on the body to keep pilots in "fighting shape".

Studies found that under the influence of modafinil, flight performance degrades by 15-30% below rested levels. Performance by pilots without the medication degrades by 60-100% below rested levels.

Back
Top Bottom