• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The renewed lever action rifle fetish

I'm a 64 year old cuck. Watched all the old Westerns growing up. However, I became interested in lever actions after watching Wind River. All mine are pistol caliber since I don't hunt. And, being the cuck I am (you know the ones just ready to roll over on their 2A rights) I like owning a rifle that isn't on the Leftist radar and uses the same ammo as revolvers I own.

ee816cd03daed621485fb239c369859c.jpg

I personally like the more traditional levers over the tactical models. But the looks of some of them appeal to me lately. The main reason I love them is I can carry a lever and revolver chambered the same in the woods and stick to one ammo that day. My issue is once you start you need them all and that can be a lifetime pursuit!
That makes a lot more sense. I can't imagine a scenario where a lever action would give you any advantage, tactically, over a semi-auto.

That makes a lot more sense. I can't imagine a scenario where a lever action would give you any advantage, tactically, over a semi-auto.
I’ve never heard anyone mention “tactical advantages” regarding lever action other than one I read on this thread about noise. I think folks who have gravitated to more modern firearms, got bored with AR 15’s and decided to hot rod an old classic design. Kinda like some companies interpretation of the 1911. I guess the likes were more plentiful than the HAHA emojis.

Wait until the next John wick movie… he might have a tactical musket. Then we’ll finally have more options to kit out our muskets with mlock and acogs.

pretty sure most of the brush folks in alaska carry lever guns for defense. haven't seen any walking about with AR platform rifles. ;) Maybe it's changed with some of the newer calibers (458 SOCOM possibly?) but I'd be hard pressed to want something other than a WWG CoPilot in 50 alaskan if I had to walk around places with grizzlies roaming..

and if you really want quiet performance, I would bet that a good lever gun would meter/sound quite a bit lower than any semi auto.

jus kidding about the "tactical", you don't see any modern armies with lever guns for a reason. But there are plenty of other "best use" scenarios where a lever gun could be perfectly acceptable and in some cases superior to a standard AR platform if that's what you are referencing with semi-auto. Of course then you get into things like BAR's and such.

pretty sure most of the brush folks in alaska carry lever guns for defense. haven't seen any walking about with AR platform rifles. ;) Maybe it's changed with some of the newer calibers (458 SOCOM possibly?) but I'd be hard pressed to want something other than a WWG CoPilot in 50 alaskan if I had to walk around places with grizzlies roaming..

and if you really want quiet performance, I would bet that a good lever gun would meter/sound quite a bit lower than any semi auto.

jus kidding about the "tactical", you don't see any modern armies with lever guns for a reason. But there are plenty of other "best use" scenarios where a lever gun could be perfectly acceptable and in some cases superior to a standard AR platform if that's what you are referencing with semi-auto. Of course then you get into things like BAR's and such.
Honestly, I would choose my Ruger SFAR in 308 over any lever action for the brush of Alaska. But yeah, I see your point.

Then you’re wrong. My wife is not a gun enjoyer. I bought a Henry 357 for her to use and HD because it’s the same as her favorite BB gun and she can run it well. She won’t learn a semi.

We had an active shooter in my front yard as discussed here a few months back. I had my rattler and armor, but to hand her a rifle she can work, with the only instructions being “red Ryder, much louder” with ~10 rounds of 357 backing me up, it was certainly nicer than harsh words and hoping for the best.

With 38 special in it (loaded low enough to stay subsonic out of the muzzle), my Big Boy X with a can on it sounds only a bit louder than an airsoft gun. Ballistically, it might be great for fending off large numbers of rats or cocker spaniels. Not much more than that and persistent house guests.

Not sure if I missed it reading through all the pages, but I really feel what brought back the lever action gun, is the fact that a lot of people got cooped up in the house with COVID and binge-watched Yellowstone.

Come on, every wannabe cowboy has to have a lever action rifle!!!

Back
Top Bottom