• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

the worst kind of hunter-shot 2 dogs because he wanted to

So the issue is it's OK to shoot obviously domestic animals if they harass wildlife? The story in OP says nothing about them harassing wildlife.
There is legal and there is illegal. Beyond that, there is opinion. I believe there's a saying about those.

Please show me where I said that. But since we're going to extremes...

Do you condone negligent pet owners allowing their animals off leash to roam around potentially harassing and/or killing wildlife?

In my humble opinion......Regardless of where you stand on this subject.
Break the law, pay the consequences for your actions.
In this case, if true, I think he may have broke the law.
Don't believe nothing you hear and only half you see.

Please show me where I said that. But since we're going to extremes...

Do you condone negligent pet owners allowing their animals off leash to roam around potentially harassing and/or killing wildlife?
I'm trying to figure out what you are saying.
No, I don't condone it, at all. As a matter of fact I've spoken against it, especially cats, on multiple occasions specifically for the damage they do to wildlife.
But there is admittedly a stark difference between "not condoning" something and breaking the law and shooting someone's pet as a default stance.

I'm trying to figure out what you are saying.
No, I don't condone it, at all. As a matter of fact I've spoken against it, especially cats, on multiple occasions specifically for the damage they do to wildlife.
But there is admittedly a stark difference between "not condoning" something and breaking the law and shooting someone's pet as a default stance.

My initial comment was that I was shocked that people actually condone pets harassing wildlife. It has nothing to do with whether or not someone is bothered by dogs interrupting your hunt. That's not the issue. The issue is the dogs don't belong there.

In this story there were two assholes - the hunter and the negligent dog owner.

My initial comment was that I was shocked that people actually condone pets harassing wildlife. It has nothing to do with whether or not someone is bothered by dogs interrupting your hunt. That's not the issue. The issue is the dogs don't belong there.

I agree... I just didn't see anyone condoning harassing wildlife.

Yup, if the story was true

Back
Top Bottom