• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Them NAA minis!

Can we talk about ammo for a minute? While doing some research on the .22 mag versions, most of the articles I read preferred Hornady .22 wmr 45 grain FTX Critical Defense ammo for self defense and hunting Cape Buffalo. Now here's the problem with that....I can't seem to find anyone that has the stuff in stock for sale. I did find a couple of vendors that said it is limited/special production stuff; but no mention of when it might be restocked.

Anyone have any better information about where to find it.....or, maybe, an alternate recommendation for ammo???

Can we talk about ammo for a minute? While doing some research on the .22 mag versions, most of the articles I read preferred Hornady .22 wmr 45 grain FTX Critical Defense ammo for self defense and hunting Cape Buffalo. Now here's the problem with that....I can't seem to find anyone that has the stuff in stock for sale. I did find a couple of vendors that said it is limited/special production stuff; but no mention of when it might be restocked.

Anyone have any better information about where to find it.....or, maybe, an alternate recommendation for ammo???
Best way to find the right ammo is watching YouTube videos on ballistic Gel results against FBI penetration. ShootinTheBull has a few great videos one of the .22LR and Maggie I'll try and post here. He sorts through no less than 12 dozen total potentials and shoots to FBI standards for each load. Easy to watch and seems to be very unbiased.

Part 1

Part 2

I don't believe it was tested but right now I'm running Aguilla Silver Eagle 40gr .22 WMR semi-jacketed Soft Points. Who knows?

I have not read or studied 22 WMR but if Troy Landry choot em wins the 22lr challenge I would have to believe the WMR rocks too.
That's true, on the .22lr I think the 30gr (correct me if I'm wrong) Troy Landry .22 mini mag choot em performed consistently the best stopping around 11.5-12" through denim. I got 30gr Maxi Mag .22 WMR hollow points and the Aguilla Silver Eagles I meantioned aboved right now. I need to watch my own video by my old lady is talking to me as I type this and the kid is hitting me with a PS3 controller.

IMG_20170912_1020397_rewind.jpg
Well, I went and got my first one this morning. Black Widow in .22 magnum. I can already tell I'm doomed! These little guys are addictive!!!
IMG_20170912_1019047_rewind.jpg

JDS556762 JDS556762 , this is all your fault, you Sir are an enabler, LOL!!

Back
Top Bottom