• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This is what happens when you don't use cheap oil

streetroc

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!
53   0
Reaction score
1998 Toyota Sienna. Been in the family since it was new and never had any major repairs of any kind. Just routine maintenance and Mobil 1 synthetic oil with every oil change. No problems whatsoever. Think about this the next time that $19.99 oil change sounds tempting!

20190418_135544.jpg

I've got 298,000 on my GMC Yukon and it purrs like a new one. All done at Wally world for $19.99 unless they ran a special!

Changing it regularly is the most important part.

Was told many yrs ago that all oil has to pass certain qualifications...I believe that to this day...regular oil changes is the key

Yes changing it regularly is a huge part of the equation. However synthetic oil has many benefits that conventional oil does not. It has better cling properties so there is more of it still on the moving parts of the engine when you first start it (which is where 99% of the engine wear comes from). It doesn't degrade nearly as fast under heat. If something does go wrong with the engine that causes it to overheat, synthetic oil might be the difference between saving the engine and needing a rebuild. Also, you can get 10k miles between oil changes with synthetic oil.

Back
Top Bottom