• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This looks pretty cool... Ruger American Rifle in 7.62x39

I have several AK 47s. I don't see how this round improves much in a bolt gun. But I want one.
Ability to hand-load heavier, longer projectiles. More accurate. Vepr is more accurate than a regular AK, due to a thicker receiver. Bolt gun action is as stiff as action can be.
I love chrome-plating in my AKs, but it does bring down accuracy. Since I will not shoot bolt gun as much as AK, I am not concerned with barrel longevity.

That's kind of the attraction for me as well. I can use my 308 can on this right out of the box.

Whole bunch of them on GB now. Saw a $405 'buy it now' price so I don't think regular pricing will take too long.

I know x39 doesn't suppress well out of an AK, would this be quieter out of a bolt gun? Id love to put my Optimus to use on this. Cheap plinker with a rifle size round.

Have tons of ammo, check.
Have 5/8-24 .308 can, check.
Have plenty of Ruger mini-30 mags, check.
Have $405, check.

Try as I have, it's becoming difficult to ignore this rifle :thumb:

Agreed. This is a great option. Great for hunting and cheap for plinking. It's on my list for sure. I need a .30cal host

I know x39 doesn't suppress well out of an AK, would this be quieter out of a bolt gun? Id love to put my Optimus to use on this. Cheap plinker with a rifle size round.

I would expect it to be quieter than a suppressed AK, but I think the x39 would still be supersonic. Don;t know if there's such a thing as subsonic 7.62x39.

A good can should definitely take the edge off though, maybe to the point of being hearing-safe(?).

Back
Top Bottom