• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This may be a known fact? Or maybe not

Phydoux

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Violent pacifist
103   0
Reaction score
The AAC Evolution can come apart, a little help from a ti-rant piston does help, and the first gen sig sauer Rimfire can is almost completely interchangeable with the evolution, my calipers show them to be the same inside and out. The only issue I see is the sig can has another inside Steel tube that would cause problems and the baffles are 1.280 and 1.264. I have no intention of testing further than that, just thought it was interesting.
1A678A97-E810-4A7A-A984-557EC204C106.jpeg

So you're saying Sig, who brought in the owner and parts of production and design team from AAC, has a can that has suspiciously similar parts to an old AAC can? Wild. I'd say compare these 2 to Q cans but I think Kevin B milked his old designs out of 2 corporations and started fresh with Q.

I'd say try shooting with the baffle swap but it's not my $200 tube on the line. Though at this point an Ecco recore might be in the cards anyways.

So you're saying Sig, who brought in the owner and parts of production and design team from AAC, has a can that has suspiciously similar parts to an old AAC can? Wild. I'd say compare these 2 to Q cans but I think Kevin B milked his old designs out of 2 corporations and started fresh with Q.

I'd say try shooting with the baffle swap but it's not my $200 tube on the line. Though at this point an Ecco recore might be in the cards anyways.
I thought I had heard something about some folks from AAC going to sig, but wasn’t sure. And I’m definitely not going to try and switch baffles and risk destroying one of them. They both work perfectly fine for as old as they are. The sig can has a lot of volume compared to a modern Rimfire can and that volume makes it super quiet.

I thought I had heard something about some folks from AAC going to sig, but wasn’t sure. And I’m definitely not going to try and switch baffles and risk destroying one of them. They both work perfectly fine for as old as they are. The sig can has a lot of volume compared to a modern Rimfire can and that volume makes it super quiet.
KB and his people went to sig after Remington fired him...after buying his company(AAC.) then he quit sig when they wouldn't let him throw huge parties as promotions for his cans.

founded Q. may or may not have stolen sig cross and made q fix.

I've always heard of the Evolution cans being able to be jail broken, but I would keep mine sealed and original. ECCO makes a monocore for it?
Don’t know about the monocore, but it has baffles so not sure why one would want to go monocore? They are actually click together baffles, didn’t know that tech was around then either.

Back
Top Bottom