• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This may start an ODT Riot

Isn't the lwd adjustable for overtravel/pretravel? Might check out the smooth trigger.

Just over travel, I wouldn't wanna mess with the pre-travel, that would effect the "safe action". The over travel is just a small improvement after the break with the LWD rear housing. The smooth trigger is just a drop in stock part. Its the trigger that comes on all the fullsize Glocks, I like the feel of that better than the stock compact and subcompact triggers. Its way more comfortable.

Last edited:
I call 110% BS x infinity.

NONE of these torture tests even theoretically mimic what would happen in a real life SHTF or combat situation ....

You ever see a guy in combat burry his gun in sod with a shovel then come back and dig it up and have a rod to run the barrel with? Didn't think so ;)

In a real SHTF scenario you would be running for your life or chasing someone/something ..... or climbing,jumping, swimming,whatever .... not purposely filling your action with a cup full of sand ... sure a couple grains here or there but
the tests in most of these torture test scenarios are just retarded for anything but entertainment value and bragging rights.

Ponder this though ... you have two different guys with the two different guns that you're torture testing. What if they shake their hand to clean out the action in subtly different ways? This could leave more or less grains of dirt or sand somewhere that could also actually
change the outcome of the test for the firearm affected ..... none of these torture tests are done in a scientific enough manner to prove anything is better than anything else ..... you want to prove something you need to run the same test 10x in a row alternating back and forth between guys with each gun. Who's to say that the gun working in a particular scenario or not working in a particular scenario is anything but a fluke if you only do it once.

You HAVE TO do it at least 10-12 times in a row with different subjects and average success v failure rates to even begin to actually prove something otherwise you're just peeing up wind for pure entertainment value.

Torture tests prove a good point for a total **** hits the fan situation in which you run your pistol in extremely harsh conditions wiht no oil to be found, but a few things to me that make a gun get my nod for a total defense weapon are:
1. Ease of maintenace. This goes MUCH further than field stripping for cleaning. THe ability to disassemble a firearm with minimal tools, obtain replacement parts or repair kits cheaply and easily. a complete field repair kit for glocks cost 60$. This includes nearly everything except for the frame, barrel and slide. IF things get bad and I have to use my gun to defend myself, being able to quickly refurb it and get it back into action is a HUGE plus for me.
2. Ammunition it will and can handle. It needs to be able to handle everything from lightly loaded cheap target rounds to plus p defense rounds. I've used pmc bronze, cci blazer which IMHO is crap ammo if You own a beretta, and fed hornady's and speer gold dots with zero issues and minimal noticed felt recoil.
3. Cost of upgrading components/upgrade availability. Again, with a glock I installed a complete competition package for 30$ and installed it in 10 minutes, keeping my original components as reserves.

While the triggers consistency is a benefit and a bonus, it's not the main thing that brought me to glock. For the longest time I had a hard tiem adjusting to the U shaped glock sights over conventional 3 dots and the sig pumpkin on a post sights...but using just a front sight..the u shape works just fine.

I'll joke wth the smith and wesson owners about how they upgrade their triggers for 90$ and send them into a gunsmith for the firing pin block spring, but many people like smith and wesson and I'm not going to tell them they're wrong for doing so. HK's and sigs have something glocks don't, that's (to me) a crisper break in single action, however, complete disassembly is a ***** vs 3 pins and the ease of disassmelbing the slide on a glock. I'll own an HK or sig any day, but I won't run one for defense because I don't like overly complicated designs for defense. And while they have the advantage of a longer double action pull, it also creates inconsistencies. Unless you decock or dryfire a lot on double action, it takes a lot of time to get use to tat, and then the single action throws you for a loop. Glocks break the same way every shot. Carrying cocked and locked on some guns is a bonus, but with a quality holster you prevent trigger depression. As far as going into a holster causing a nd.. Well, when you own ANY gun you have to take extreme care and vigilance and be mindful of the trigger, a glock requires more vigilance and caution, especially the upgrades on mine, but, it keeps me on my toes regularly.

Ive Owned and Shot Hk (in 45) did'nt really like it Owned umpteen different Glocks over the years in all four generations there Ok but just dont do for me what my old Sig 229 does. Traded off my last three Glocks a couple of months ago (PS I am a Glock Certified and trained Armorer) I have better than 50,000 rnd downrange through the sig and it looks it, but still shoots like a champ even after 18 years of duty carry

Huung, I have a FN FNS in 9. It is amazing! I did a brief review on it here. If you have any questions I will happily answer. Shoot me a pm.

I have and shoot Glock 34 & 35 in competition and have been trying to ween myself off them using XD 40 & 45's Tactical and now have added FN's to the stable but no matter what the attempt, I always go back to the Glock crack, it is by far at least for competition, the Best there is.

Is it Kool-aid or Kool-ade? I recently got rid of my glocks and in a way I miss them. What I don't miss is picking up all that brass after a shooting session, revolvers have spoiled me in that respect!

Back
Top Bottom