• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This will affect everyone on this site! New ATF rule says you have to have a license to sell just one gun

The fact that this isn’t a law aside, I don’t understand all the “boating accident” and “I don’t own any guns” comments. Denying you own or possess something that you have an inherent right to own is just conceding the government’s authority over you and nullifying your own rights.

I proudly own and possess firearms. Cold dead hands for me.
It's a joke about a joke...

tenor.gif

Do y’all even read the posts that you are referencing.
“Considered, but not proposed”

Kind like the thousands of bills proposed every day knowing they will go no where, political grandstanding and nothing else.

I swear, our “side” isn’t any better than the Marxist’s, when it comes to propaganda.
Please, don't bring your reason and common sense here. That's not how this site works!! :behindsofa:

We hate to say we told you so, but it's official. The Justice Department announced a new rule to amend ATF regulations and expand the definition of a firearms dealer to include those who sell even a single firearm.

More info on the above!
Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2023/09/at...-identical-supporting-comments/#ixzz8DrYPDbrw

Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

“I strongly oppose the proposed rule that redefines who is “engaged in the business” of selling firearms. The new rule will burden American gun owners by creating a grey area where they can inadvertently break the law.

The new requirement circumvents Congress by creating a de facto universal background check rule. Congress has chosen to leave background check laws for private gun sales to the state governments. This rule will override the authority of the states with overburdensome federal regulations and strip state’s rights.

The regulation will not make us any safer. The vast majority of guns used in crimes are stolen. States that have enacted universal background checks did not see any reduction of crimes committed with firearms. I strongly encourage the government to work on real solutions to solve the epidemic of violent crime and stop using firearms as a scapegoat for failed policies.”

Back
Top Bottom