• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on buying new Guns and "the Form"

If big brother gets to going door to door we will have a lot bigger problems on our hands. I think. There are a lot of good ole boys that would not tolerate that type of intrusion. Me being one of them. Now am I saying that I would intentionally be violent with an officer of the law... No. However I believe in my rights that the constitution affords me and there is not a liberal Peter puffer out there that can convince me other wise. If those liberal d-bags up on Capitol hill want my guns... Tell em to come and get em there dang selves. Don't send the armed extension of the govt to do there dirty work! Whoo... Sorry I get a little worked up about these matters.

If big brother gets to going door to door we will have a lot bigger problems on our hands. I think. There are a lot of good ole boys that would not tolerate that type of intrusion. Me being one of them. Now am I saying that I would intentionally be violent with an officer of the law... No. However I believe in my rights that the constitution affords me and there is not a liberal Peter puffer out there that can convince me other wise. If those liberal d-bags up on Capitol hill want my guns... Tell em to come and get em there dang selves. Don't send the armed extension of the govt to do there dirty work! Whoo... Sorry I get a little worked up about these matters.

I whole-heartedly agree. The only hope (if you want to call it that) is that an officer of the law or a soldier in the military were/are civilians. They have families too. I "hope" that they would not have the capability to commit such atrocities knowing that it could be their family next.

Your FFL maintains copies of the forms, not the Feds. Yes, they could request them, but as mentioned before...they'd have bigger problems on their hands than citizens that legally endeavored to purchase guns.

i just prefer used. cheaper to buy. plus i love to trade. and you can't trade with a store. they give about 50% of your guns value.

So do you subscribe to the theory that big brother may one day go door to door? I will admit that I think about this sometimes, but who's to say one couldn't just state that they had sold it, lost the paperwork, etc.?

Do you realize how many guns are in the United States at this time? Millions. You really think that Big Brother can scoop them all up? really?

Do you realize how many guns are in the United States at this time? Millions. You really think that Big Brother can scoop them all up? really?

The FBI estimates there's more than 200 million. Could you imagine the Feds trying to round them all up? Lol. They can't even balance a checkbook.

Depends on the type of weapon for me in most cases. If I am looking for precision I will generally buy new so that I can properly break it in. Fun guns don't matter as much. I like finding good deals or trying out new weapons so I will usually keep at least one up for trade. My primaries I have had now for going on 20 years Colt AR, Beretta pistol, and a Ithaca shotgun that will slam fire made in the 50s and a all stainless 10/22 from the 80s. Everything else is for sell or trade.

Used guns, only b/c of the price & taxes. Last new pistol bought was S&W 1979 Model 15-3 2 1/2 target sights. Bought it for $175.00. Still have it.

I really don't care either way. When I find something I want used (at less than new price) I buy used, if not I buy new. I think many folks ask high prices for used guns due to the fact that you fill out no paperwork - maybe it's important to some folks - not me...

Sorry for the following RANT, but let us not forget (EVER) that our freedoms can and will be lost (FOREVER) if we don't protect them:

I continue to be disamyed with the "US" verses "THEM" when people talk about "OUR" governemnt.
Get your sorry behnd out there and vote the "Rights Grabbers" out of power: It's "YOUR / MY / MINE" government!

Why do I say this? Look at the statistics: COME ELECTION DAY, THE VAST MAJORITY OF US DON"T VOTE!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom