• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thoughts on buying new Guns and "the Form"

If I were to own a gun ever,I would buy used for a couple of resons already mentioned,
#1 price, I do trade a lot even though my feedback only shows 12 transactions here. Most of "my" guns, The ones that I keep and are not going anywhere were bought by trade equity from many trades or deals.
#2 I enjoy the whole thing, its a great hobby,it helps further your hunting endevors and it is one that prepares you tobe able to provide food or?whatever shtf situation,katrina,etc. unlike golf or tennis. Id hate to be one of those guys when shtf and food runs out,can you imagine trying to hunt or defend your family with a golf club or tennis racket. I share this hobby with my son, we have had the opportunity to enjoy many different types of guns that we never would if I had to buy them new, so he has learned a lot of valuable info on many types of guns.
#3 I DO NOT TRUST THE GOVT. no telling what they will decide to do next. Filling out the form does not bother me,the thought of what they might do with that information is what scares me.

Anybody remember the sceene in the movie "red Dawn" where the russians and cubans are going through the gun ownership records in the gun stores and then going to get those people? Everytime I have filled out that form, thi is the first thing that goes through my mind.

Now this is going under the premis that I actually own a gun, er , which i dont

Last edited:
As someone else stated, the forms stay with the FFL. If the FFL is audited, the Federal Agency could then have a look at the paperwork but generally speaking this isn't going to happen. If you've applied for and received a GWL, they have just as much information about YOU at the local Probate Court. This doesn't tell them what guns you have but it lets them know you at least have one. Moving on to the Federal Government coming to take your guns, this is just not going to happen. There are very few Federal Agents in the US compared to the number of gun owners. The Federal Agencies would have to "request" the assistance of the local Sheriff and PD. A Federal Agent cannot tell a local Sheriff what to do. There isn't any Officers I know that would follow a request to disarm American Citizens from the standpoint of walking in your home and gathering up your firearms. If you've walked into Walmart and bought ammo on a Debit/Credit card, they have your information. You're on video buying the ammo. I buy and sell all the time. Sometimes I get a Bill of Sale while other times I do not, depending on how well I know the buyer. They have no way of proving what I physically own at any one time. If you've posted a picture or a thread about a new firearm you just bought, they know about it. It's out there on the world wide web for anyone to grab and or see. Stop being paranoid about irrelevant things and focus on fighting (legally through your representative) the small infringements they try to pass with legislation. In GA, we have taken back many of our rights as it relates to firearms but we still have more work to do. Write a letter to your Representative, call them, send them a fax, take them to lunch, send emails. Then repeat all the above over and over and have your friends and family do the same. Have a Rep that doesn't support your views, work to get them out of office. Run for office yourself if you can. Just because you don't think 33 round magazines are necessary, don't let them ban them because then they will try to ban 15 rounders. They claim that if they can only get this banned, they'll be happy, and then they try to ban something else.

Last edited:
So do you subscribe to the theory that big brother may one day go door to door? I will admit that I think about this sometimes, but who's to say one couldn't just state that they had sold it, lost the paperwork, etc.?
Just look at our losses of freedom, however mild they may me(for now), over the last 10 years. How do you feel about a government that is perfectly fine strip searching little old ladies but won't strip search a 25 yr old syrian man here on a student visa?? I look at this gorvernment and I see a bunch of power drunk elites who don't give a crap about your right to bear arms, and the moment its conveinent(can't spell that word to save my life LOL) and the sheeple are passive enough to go along with it, they will take your guns in the name of peace and freedom....

Sometimes I get that little paranoid voice in the back of head that goes "well now they'll know about this one". But I'm not worried. You can just as easily claim you sold those in a private party transaction. I also wouldn't bank on LE going door to door to collect guns - at least anytime in the next few decades. They know it would be a suicide mission.

"They" are police or National Guardsmen or Regular Armed Forces or FBI or ATF or Homeland Security, or maybe they sweet talk half the population into bringing all their guns in for destruction. Or they pass laws that make it almost impossible to buy guns.

I don't have a problem with it, I have been on both sides of the counter at the gun store. Now if someone thinks that by using this site, they're avoiding big brother, I'm sure there is somebody in some agency somewhere that keeps track of this stuff.

Personally, I share Alex Jones' opinion on gun confiscation... they're not gonna come for your guns, they're gonna come for YOU!

I don't have a problem with it, I have been on both sides of the counter at the gun store. Now if someone thinks that by using this site, they're avoiding big brother, I'm sure there is somebody in some agency somewhere that keeps track of this stuff.

Personally, I share Alex Jones' opinion on gun confiscation... they're not gonna come for your guns, they're gonna come for YOU!

That's an interesting way of putting it.

Back
Top Bottom