• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To Carry at Work or not to Carry at Work

So are y'all saying if you have a job that supports you and you're family, that has a no firearms policy, you would carry anyway?

Im gonna call BS on that, it seems like the majority here won't even admit to owning an AR.
Call BS all you want, but I know many, many folks that carry at work. Even at their job's peril.

I guess it's possible with a tiny .380 and one of those wallet holsters, but I'll stick with a couple knives and not risk my income.

It's more about the physical nature of the job and would almost be impossible to not present at some point.
Now I know you are just trolling. Companies have blanket "no weapons" policies. Not any weapon except a gun policy.

Now I know you are just trolling. Companies have blanket "no weapons" policies. Not any weapon except a gun policy.

Oh please, nice blanket statement you have there. I've got a kukri at work that gets used. I wear a knife in a company purchased pouch.

If I delivered pizzas, I would carry in violation of company policy. If I drove a box truck delivering beer to C stores, I would carry. I'm not losing a six figure income over it.

I like my paycheck too much to risk it. And while there are plenty of kooks out there and until some workplace shooting happens, most folks think it will never happen to them. Still.... I like my paycheck way too much.

"It's called concealed. If you are dumb enough to get caught then you should lose your job."

Attachments

• TG.jpg
    TG.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 22
Carry discreetly in a bag or briefcase if you feel the need to.

:nono: i (personally) think off body carry is more of a liability and i would be concerned with something happening out of my control. More often then not, people step away from their briebriefcase/bag throughout the day. If i carry, its gonna be ON ME where i know its there, secure, concealed But...to each his own.

So are y'all saying if you have a job that supports you and you're family, that has a no firearms policy, you would carry anyway?

Im gonna call BS on that, it seems like the majority here won't even admit to owning an AR.

Not calling BS but am pointing out, how would you support a family if some disgruntled employee came in and shot you and others, then the family would still be out of a supporter, concealed carry is insurance you may live through it and jobs aren't that hard to find, my ex company had the rule and I still CC, pocket sized 9mm, for 36 years, never had an issue, I carried one of the little Glock plastic keychain trinkets/pistol models, you get everywhere and the few times I was asked by co workers that knew me and my views on this if I carried a gun, I said yes, I always carry a Glock, and then showed the keychain, that always ended that issue..

:nono: i (personally) think off body carry is more of a liability and i would be concerned with something happening out of my control. More often then not, people step away from their briebriefcase/bag throughout the day. If i carry, its gonna be ON ME where i know its there, secure, concealed But...to each his own.
I agree completely and prefer to keep my CCW on my hip where it's secure. I'm simply stating that it could be an option if he's reluctant to carry on his person. It would rather it be at arm's reach in a bag or case than in my car or even at home. If something were to go down at work at least it would be an option to take cover and then make access to the firearm instead of being defenseless.

Back
Top Bottom