• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tonite at 8pm Senate to debate bill! Background Check Deal Reached,

Dear XXX,
Thank you for contacting my office regarding our Second Amendment rights. I appreciate your thoughts on this issue and am grateful for the opportunity to respond to you.

I support the Second Amendment right of all law-abiding citizens to defend themselves and their families. I firmly believe that we do not need more gun control in America; rather we need more criminal control. To that end, I support instant background checks on the commercial purchase of all guns to prevent convicted felons from obtaining them, but I do not support waiting periods or the registration of any firearm. As many of these issues reemerge in the 113 th Congress, I will work for common-sense legislation that keeps our children safe without infringing upon our Second Amendment rights.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please visit my webpage at http://isakson.senate.gov/ for more information on the issues important to you and to sign up for my e-newsletter .

Sincerely,
Johnny Isakson
United States Senator

Dear Isakson,
We already have commercial backgrounds checks. But yet you voted with Biden and Obama this week.

Back
Top Bottom