• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trading Tips

NY63

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
220   0
Reaction score
Not a rant, just some tips for new (and old) members for a more enjoyable trading experience.

I'll start.

* If you make an offer and it is declined, don't get your feelings hurt, counter or move on.
* Don't make an offer, go off the radar and then expect the item to be held for you.
* Make your offers through a Private Message rather than on the member's ad.
* Don't over-price your item and then complain when no one wants it.
* Be honest and upfront about the condition of your item.
* Make every effort to be on time when meeting another member.
* Don't spring any surprises on your buyer/trader/seller at time of deal.

Feel free to add your two cents.

Not a rant, just some tips for new (and old) members for a more enjoyable trading experience.

I'll start.

* If you make an offer and it is declined, don't get your feelings hurt, counter or move on. Cant do that...
* Don't make an offer, go off the radar and then expect the item to be held for you. Newbs
* Make your offers through a Private Message rather than on the member's ad. No, we cant laugh when someone offers a model train and imitation crab meat for something!
* Don't over-price your item and then complain when no one wants it. The classifieds would have tumble weeds only
* Be honest and upfront about the condition of your item. No no no LNIB is UP TO 5,000 rounds fired, silly people
* Make every effort to be on time when meeting another member. Nope, I'm buying, MY TIME! People are too worried about having a life
* Don't spring any surprises on your buyer/trader/seller at time of deal. Just because its stolen doesnt make it worthless!

Just playin, but there are WAY too many threads like this out. It flooding the stinking feed because they turn in to a b**ch fest!

Good stuff!!! I have delt with some fine folks on here! BUT some , not so good!!!
I can't add much to that

Only thing that I could ad is you can't value your item at new cost and theirs at used.

I posted a g19 a couple years ago for trade with a value of 400. I had a guy offer to trade me a Sig 229. I said sure and asked how much he wanted in cash. I was told 500. When asked why he said that they cost 900 new even though it was a police trade in but he wanted new value For his but still wanted used value for mine.

How bout this one...read this jagoff on my ignore list. Do not, under any circumstances, say "ill take it...and when can we meet". And then offer every excuse under the sun, about 7 total excuses, as to why a meet cant even tentatively be set up. D**n that scenario pissed me off to no end.

On a lighter note...lots of well lit, better yet outside, pictures guys. Forget the superdark, in the bedroom, "wtf is that" kind of shots....cmon.

I'll start.

* If you make an offer and it is declined, don't get your feelings hurt, counter or move on.
* Don't make an offer, go off the radar and then expect the item to be held for you.
* Make your offers through a Private Message rather than on the member's ad.
* Don't over-price your item and then complain when no one wants it.
* Be honest and upfront about the condition of your item.
* Make every effort to be on time when meeting another member.
* Don't spring any surprises on your buyer/trader/seller at time of deal.

You've summed it up pretty well!

Never pay more than 200 for a SKS.
Never pay more than 400 for a Glock.
Never buy or trade into something you aren't at least a little familiar with.
Never buy or trade into something you don't like enough to own the rest of your life if it comes to it.
Never buy a midget hooker riding a llama while high on crack cocaine.

Never pay more than 200 for a SKS.
Never pay more than 400 for a Glock.
Never buy or trade into something you aren't at least a little familiar with.
Never buy or trade into something you don't like enough to own the rest of your life if it comes to it.
Never buy a midget hooker riding a llama while high on crack cocaine.

seriously dont do the last one. Still regretting that.

Back
Top Bottom