• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT selling/trading slowing down

I think people that were interested in getting a gun or guns for self defense and the end of the world have already done so at this point.

Anything else is a hobby purchase and many have slowed those down as well.

Hell I’m buying more than ever. $3k worth of night vision shows up this afternoon
I'm buying ammo as much as I can right now....prices are good!!!
I've got enough guns!!!

Nobody can afford new or used. Till inflation eases it's not going to get better for many.
Dreamers: Inflation will never end. The effects of inflation can be mitigated to some extent, but once CBDC's are implemented.....game over.

I believe it’s the general lack of understanding the online market. In my opinion most sellers on here aren’t the internet savvy type. I’ve been on the ODT for going on 7 years and have only seen a few firearms that I was interested in at a price lower than new. In that time I’ve only purchased two firearms and sold a dozen.

But I also agree with the discussion of blue label glocks and others. When I can buy new for $400-$470 it’s hard to justify buying on here.

Lastly, the average retail price being far higher than online prices including shipping and tax. Most are buying in a big box store and selling for what they think is reasonable. The reality is that you overpaid for convenience and now that you want to sell, that loss in not justifiable so you try and pass that loss onto the buyer.

So go ahead and put that turd back in the safe.

Back
Top Bottom