• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trouble seeing your sights? Chime in please!

With my left eye, I can see clearly from the tip of my nose to about 24 inches away. However my right eye sees clearly from about 18 inches to infinity. So, if i shoot left-handed, i can see the iron sights, but not the target. if I shoot right handed, I can't see the iron sights, but the target is clear. I can bird hunt with a shotgun, shoot a rifle with a scope, or a pistol with a red-dot. However, I can't use iron sights for sh*t...

Sounds like you've got a nice natural mono vision set up going.....to bad it's for the wrong eye. You could do contact or glasses to kinda flip that around so your able to use the right eye.

If I try to ware my progressive lenses I have to tilt my head back so far I get a creek in my neck. Then by the time I get into shooting I find i have dropped my head and then I lose focus of the front sights.

Anybody else have this problem with progressives? I've used lined bi-focals and was thinking of swapping to progressive Monday.

Anybody else have this problem with progressives? I've used lined bi-focals and was thinking of swapping to progressive Monday.

This is typically caused by the progressive being set to low. The progressive will be an improvement over the bifocal for pretty much everything. Give it time to get use to. Also get them from some where that will back up their product and not leave you hanging if you have trouble.

My astigmatism makes a Trijicon RMR and other red-dot sights look like a starburst blob. I’d love to sit down with a red dot sight and see if I can get a prescription that truly fixes my astigmatism 100%.

For the most part I can guarantee that it'll be close to perfect. There are higher order aberrations that can't be fixed but shouldn't be really noticeable. Good way to semi test it out is to look through it in the dark and then to shine a really bright light at your eyes while looking at it and see if that improves it. You can also poke a small hole in some cardboard and try looking through that but people seem to screw that up. Would be fun to see how precise we could get the dot for you.

Hood886 Hood886 , what do you know about prelex? I'm getting evaluated tomorrow since my eyes are getting worse. Currently don't wear glasses (probably need them); but my eyes give me fits a lot of the time. 1.25 reading glasses, and one eye sees better close and the other better far off.

Back
Top Bottom