• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trump EO Cancels Student Loan Debt for Disabled Veterans

Don231s

Default rank 5000+ posts
I heard it on the X
55   0
Reaction score
President Trump signed an executive order on Wednesday that forgives all student loan debt for any permanently disabled U.S. military veterans.

The order, which Trump signed following a speech at the American Veterans National Convention in Louisville, Ky., also clears those eligible veterans from having to pay any federal income tax on the loans. Trump added that he is pressuring individual states to follow suit.

Fox News

A little misleading. The EO creates an expedited process to an already existing debt forgiveness process for disabled veterans. A very good thing for these vets, nonetheless.

So good, in fact, that Major Bonespurs was ready to give himself a medal. :lol:

Trump kicked off the beginning of his speech joking that he'd weighed giving himself a Medal of Honor, the highest recognition that can be awarded to those who've served in the military.

"I wanted one, but they told me I don't qualify," Trump, who received multiple draft deferments during the Vietnam War, said to the gathering of veterans. "I said 'could I give it to myself anyway?' They said, 'I don't think that's a good idea.'"

This guy :lol:

Back
Top Bottom