• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Try to murder a police officer, get 3 years?

sw0596

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
20   0
Reaction score
Friends,
If you want to see just how your justice system is working, here is an example. While I was still working in 2013 a fellow officer was shot in the chest by a suspect in Smyrna. The officer's vest saved his life but he was injured and the suspect escaped that day but was caught sometime later and pled guilty in 2015. Here we are 2 years later, the officer that was shot was just notified the perpetrator will be paroled next year (2018). So, if you agree 3 years is a just sentence for trying to kill a police officer, you have to do nothing. If you don't agree and don't want this perpetrator walking in public with you and your loved ones, you can email Georgia Dept of Pardons and Parole at the email address at the bottom of this post.

NAME: YOUNG, SHYMEL TQUAN
GDC ID: 1001549228

INCARCERATION DETAILS

MAJOR OFFENSE: AGGRAV ASSAULT
MOST RECENT INSTITUTION: SUMTER COUNTY CI
MAX POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE: 01/01/2026
STATE OF GEORGIA - CURRENT SENTENCES

CASE NO: 807270
OFFENSE: AGGRAV ASSAULT
CONVICTION COUNTY: COBB COUNTY
CRIME COMMIT DATE: 07/15/2013
SENTENCE LENGTH: 20 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS
STATE OF GEORGIA - PRIOR SENTENCES

STATE OF GEORGIA INCARCERATION BEGIN: 06/29/2015
INCARCERATION END: ACTIVE

Here's the email to contact ...

Parole.consideration@pap.ga.gov

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like all that stuck was aggravated assault. Is that the actual charge for shooting a person?

Just so long as they don't die, it's just aggravated assault, and it doesn't matter how many times a perp shoots, stabs, beats or mangles an innocent victim.

The perp could leave them paralyzed, with one eye, and get charged with aggravated assault.
The judicial system in the USA is broken badly. The prosecutors let these folks plead to a lesser charge.
The prosecutor gets a win, little or no time involved, and the perp is out in a few months for good behavior, only to be back before his probation is up.
I say every town needs a guillotine and a set of stocks, on the court house square. Seeing is believing.

:tsk: when I was in college my buddy got into a fight with this guy who pulled a knife and stabbed my buddy.....14 times! The guy who stabbed him was convicted of aggravated assault and sentenced to 10 years. Apparently there's no attempted murder charge in Georgia; LEO's is this true? 10 year sentence and he was released after 2!

:tsk: when I was in college my buddy got into a fight with this guy who pulled a knife and stabbed my buddy.....14 times! The guy who stabbed him was convicted of aggravated assault and sentenced to 10 years. Apparently there's no attempted murder charge in Georgia; LEO's is this true? 10 year sentence and he was released after 2!

That's true. If there is a disfiguring injury they can also be charged with aggravated battery. Notice this guy was sentenced 20 with at least 12 to serve. Unless protests to pardons and paroles changes their minds, this guy will be out in 3 from date of sentencing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom