• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trying to get my girl into backpacking, any tips?

if she doesn't hike much, get some moleskin for blisters, and make sure you plan good meals. I found in years of backpacking that as long as I got a good night sleep (good tent, good sleeping pad and good bag) and ate well, the rest of the trip really didn't matter. last time I took my wife camping it got down to about 25 degrees, but she didn't care, she was in my 0 degree bag on a thermarest, and we had fettucini Alfredo with cajun shrimp (not out of a bag).

Thats good advice, thanks man ^ Weather is calling for mid 80's H and mid 60's L which will be mighty fine compared to the heat down here.

I would judge it on her background...One girl before always said she wanted to go camping/hiking with me....Her idea of hiking is like 1/2 mile, cut trail in a park...My Idea of hiking is 10-15+miles...Girl I'm talking to a lot now, not dating yet, heck she might could out hike me! I think its sexy when I see her in her shorts tanktop and hiking boots...lol

Light pack ,snacks ,extra socks ,good broken in boots ,mole-skins are a must ,walking stick? ,Ipod? ,
something like " VitalLyte : to replace electrolytes

Well unless she can contort her body or you got a REALLY big backpack i dont think you'll be getting her into it....

Back
Top Bottom