• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tundra or F150? Need opinions....from those that actually own them

Tundra or F150?

• Tundra 4X4 TRD Crew Cab 5.7L V8 FFV

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • F-150 4X4 FX4 XLT SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost V6

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
Damn man, I feel your pain. I traded in my 353hp/413tq 05 STI on a F150 years back. That is one car I would love to have back.
I am sure I will miss it greatly, but I am sure the comfort of the 4 door truck will ease the transition. Especially since those Tundras haul ass for a big ole lumbering truck.

It's going to take practice parking again in tight spots, lol.
lol, nah. I own a "full size" and have owned several others in the past. I have towed with trailers ALOT, so parking has always been a non issue for me. Now, these trucks have back up cameras, so that makes it even easier.

Got a 15 F150 ecoboost crewcab and have had no issues after 20k miles. Mileage is great and seats 5 comfortably and moves anything I need. Got it for $32k. Do I think it will last forever - nah. But for the next 3-4 years I'll be happy if only regular maintenance oil and filter is required, which it usually is.

I would look hard at the Toyota crew next time I get another truck. It's almost like a limo back there. And yes, a lot of trucks now are just SUVs with truckbeds

I think the f150's are just now being made in usa again arent they?
Mine was assembled in Kansas City. Most were built in Michigan.

Speaking from experience......I've never seen a Tundra with any major damage in a wreck. The F150's seem to crumble with any kind of contact from another vehicle or stationary object.

The Tundra's are tough as HELL.

Just what I've seen in my years of running wreck calls at work.
I'd rather any vehicle crumple and protect me than deal with injuries / death. But I also hear that f150's are totaled out more too.

Again, if I was looking for a new truck, I might sway toyota, if the price is right.
20160613_120556.jpg

Easy. A friend loaned me his tundra for several months because my family truck got totaled. This was his spare truck he bought from the drawbridge company he works for. Over 400,000 miles. The one he is currently driving now has over 275,000. The only thing they ever did was have the timing belts replaced at 100,000 mile intervals as a maintanence precaution. I've owned a f150 120,000 miles and several expensive problems later and I was happy to see the dealer take it. Same with my dads f150.

I went to a large Toyota dealership and the sales guy was a jerk to me. Told me something along the lines of "I'm not going to negotiate with you because someone is going to come in tomorrow and buy that truck for sticker." Next stop was the Ford dealership, where I was treated decently. Ended up buying two new vehicles from that dealership because they weren't jerks. IMO, there isn't much of a material difference between similar products, at least not enough of a difference to outweigh the different sales approach and service experience after purchase.

Drive em both

The last two companies Ive worked for had tundras , f-150s,and 3/4 ton silverados

I loved the tundra
Was a crewmax like the pic you posted
The rear doors are 48" long. They are longer than the front doors
And the back seat has more legroom than the front seat

The 5.7 engine has loads of power
Far far more than the 5.4 ford , probably double in real life , the numbers might be close , but the seat of the pants real world driving they are not even close

The tundra I drove a 2012 2wd model got 14 city 19 hwy
My personal 04 expedition 5.4 gets 11 city and 16 hey with half the power of the tundra

The tundra I drove had easy to use Bluetooth , Chevys and fords Bluetooth are almost impossible to use
I'm currently driving a 16 Chevy 2500 and the Bluetooth is not user friendly , it's useless

Just the feel of the turn signal lever and steering wheel is a sign of Toyota attention to detail
The wheel is dished out enough so you can use your palm to spin the wheel , on the Chevys and fords the airbag sticks up so high and the wheel is so slippery you can't spin the wheel with your palm

I loved the console shifter on the tundra
If you lean it to the left in drive , it drops from 6th to 4th and stays in 4th and you can shift it up or down by nudging it forward or back

And it rides like a car. Way way better than any other brand of truck
It's a little soft in the back. If you tow a lot , you will want the air helper springs

Look at the size of the brake rotors , and the tires that come stock on the tundra
Way larger than a 150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that you asked but relevant information. Chevrolet has terrible gear ratios available for their trucks if you're talking towing.
The Ecoboost gas mileage is great as a commuter. Once you hit boost towing heavy and stay in the boost that terrific fuel economy is single digits.
The Tundra fuel economy may be poor but it won't change when you tow. It will be crap in traffic, crap on the highway and crap towing. No surprises there. A lot of ecoboost owners felt tricked by the mpg when towing.
Dodge has enough electrical gremlins to mark them off the list which is too bad because they by far have the best price point.

I would compare the Ford F150 5.0 to the Tundra 5.7 personally. That is more apples to apples imho.

Back
Top Bottom