• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tundra or F150? Need opinions....from those that actually own them

Tundra or F150?

• Tundra 4X4 TRD Crew Cab 5.7L V8 FFV

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • F-150 4X4 FX4 XLT SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost V6

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
I own a 2006 tundra double cab. It's the full size 4 door,but the first generation model. The biggest you can get.

I'll take Toyota over the 2 f150's I previously owned any day. The ride quality and reliability is outstanding.

I would compare the Ford F150 5.0 to the Tundra 5.7 personally. That is more apples to apples imho.

5.0 is the way to go....

I had a 11 5.0, 13 3.5, 14 5.0

IMG_0984.JPG

Now my wife has an Explorer with the 3.5 ecoboost AWD, it's a beast... and it's a great motor for that, not the F150

Akins ford is running some great sale prices on the f150 (13k) off in some cases
Yes, but that $13k is not for an XLT FX4 SuperCrew. Rebates and discounts on those are around $9k. As noted above, Toyota rarely, if ever, offer huge rebates as they sell well without them. Also, big rebates impact your resale value as well. Nice to get $13k off, but it's also worth less used because of it.

Yes, but that $13k is not for an XLT FX4 SuperCrew. Rebates and discounts on those are around $9k. As noted above, Toyota rarely, if ever, offer huge rebates as they sell well without them. Also, big rebates impact your resale value as well. Nice to get $13k off, but it's also worth less used because of it.

Not if you list it on ODT as BNIB or custom, goes up in value.......

Ford's rebates are off their msrp, which are highly inflated. If you pay any where close to that, you are getting ripped off big time. I think Ford and Toyota have 2 totally different sales methods.

Without knowing too much about Toyota, I think I would consider one next time around as long as I was looking for a half ton (I've never owned a non-Ford). I also wouldn't consider an eco boost in a truck, my wife's SUV yes maybe. I'd only go for Ford's v8.... with a 6.5' bed.

I would also recommend you compare new Tundras in your mix, mainly because of incentives. You stated "2016 Tundra 4X4 TRD Crew cab with the 5.7 FFV V8. Yoda is pre-owned and under $40K with 26K miles (certified pre-owned, 1 owner)." The sticker price on a pretty well loaded 2017 CrewMax model should be in the mid-40s, and I have ALWAYS been able to negotiate at least a 10% discount, which gets you down to around $40k and you are one year newer and driving a NEW truck. As an example, the one below is advertised at only $44,766 and you can request the sales/discounted price via email, which could save some "haggling" time and get negotiations started. This ad is from Toyota of Newnan (toyotaofnewnan.com), where I bought my last three trucks. They also offer a "Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty." Just another thought for you to consider if you are not already overwhelmed!!

17TundraCrewMax.png

The link below should take you to details on this specific truck:
http://www.toyotaofnewnan.com/new-Newnan-2017-Toyota-Tundra+4WD-SR5-5TFDW5F12HX618484

Ford's rebates are off their msrp, which are highly inflated. If you pay any where close to that, you are getting ripped off big time. I think Ford and Toyota have 2 totally different sales methods.

Without knowing too much about Toyota, I think I would consider one next time around as long as I was looking for a half ton (I've never owned a non-Ford). I also wouldn't consider an eco boost in a truck, my wife's SUV yes maybe. I'd only go for Ford's v8.... with a 6.5' bed.

Toyota revolutionized the auto manufacturing industry. Yes, Henry Ford did as well, but Toyota researched the Ford process when they began the Toyota auto portion of their brand (originally made looms and sold the patent rights), and Kiichiro, son of Sakichi Toyoda, started the automobile manufacturing Toyota brand.

They nearly went bankrupt during the war, but eventually pulled through and over the past century, have created the Toyota Production System. This super efficient way of manufacturing have made them more profitable and have better QC control that the typical big 3 auto manufacturers. I think around 03' they were #3 in unit sales, but were more profitable than Ford and GM combined. So yes, they have different sales methods, and Toyota's seems much better at it.

The TPS system is also widely shared by Toyota and many companies try to incorporate it, (also known as Lean Manufacturing) into their process in some way.

However, from a brand standpoint, I do respect Ford quite a bit, but Toyota seems to be the better manufacturer and industry leader in QC and process controls.

Back
Top Bottom